Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh so 80 UMS does not necessarily correspond to 60 raw marks, depending on the difficulty of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarity Incognito)
    Oh, FREEDOM OF SPEECH RIGHT, he should be ALLOWED to speak up when he wants....but I'm not allowed to speak. STFU and when did you decide in your virtual relationship with him/her that they couldn't speak for themself. I have cried a river, now go kill yourself, oh btw, hope you did well....
    You're right. That was very hypocritical of me. But I'm surprised you even know about freedom of speech since you were the one who told the guy that no one wants to hear what he says.

I probably got a B in C3. A tad bit disappointed, but a normal A (in C3 + C4 + M2) is still great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPat)
    Snap! Didn't think i did that well tbh.
    lol same and when i found out they hardly lowered the grad boundry i though i had no chance of an A, i must of had a generous examiner....

ReputationRep:
    90/100.

Most likely resitting.

ReputationRep:
    grr 79 for C3! 100ums for C2 kind of made it feel a bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK)
    lol same and when i found out they hardly lowered the grad boundry i though i had no chance of an A, i must of had a generous examiner....
    Either that or the examiner felt sorry for me for being so stupid they gave me easy marks. :p:

Really glad i don't have to retake though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalie_gs)
    Oh so 80 UMS does not necessarily correspond to 60 raw marks, depending on the difficulty of the paper?
    Yeah I think so. It's always 80 = A, 70 = B etc for UMS, but one year 59 could be 80 UMS and the next, 60 could be 80, as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    84 in C3, 97 in C2 retake (um...WTF!) and then 77 in D1. An A in Maths may actually be possible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPat)
    Either that or the examiner felt sorry for me for being so stupid they gave me easy marks. :p:

Really glad i don't have to retake though.
    lol ye samme... everybody seems to be wanting to resit though even those that got like 88 or 89....

ReputationRep:
    lol ye samme... everybody seems to be wanting to resit though even those that got like 88 or 89....
    I'm guessing they are all aiming for 90%+ to get A* overall. Might be for their uni offers or just for their egos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPat)
    I'm guessing they are all aiming for 90%+ to get A* overall. Might be for their uni offers or just for their egos.
    lol faiir doos, im taking my 84 and running lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    You're right. That was very hypocritical of me. But I'm surprised you even know about freedom of speech since you were the one who told the guy that no one wants to hear what he says.

I probably got a B in C3. A tad bit disappointed, but a normal A (in C3 + C4 + M2) is still great
    Just because I told him no one wants to hear it doesn't mean I'm telling him he can't say it, there is a minute difference regardless of the pedantry. Furthermore, I find it completely ridiculous that people are so insensitive, especially concerning exam results. Everyone knows that 93% is good and to so callously talk about retaking with the comment being so blunt and short, I found it rather crass, and was just reciprocating the vibe of impetuity. So, I apologise if I offended you but I find it very tiresome when people feel the need to interrupt when they are clearly not wanted.

Anyway, how come you do not know what you got yet? Yes, I agree, an A is considered to be very good. Although, I do think that the A* is very useful to differentiate between top candidates. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    lol faiir doos, im taking my 84 and running lol
    Haha..and i'm running with you sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPat)
    I'd want to resit (well, I am) anything below 90 just for my ego :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    97/100, I wasn't expecting it since I was ill on the day. I also hated C3

ReputationRep:
    Based on this: http://www.edexcel.com/notices/Pages/a-star-grade.aspx

I think it's based on all 3 units of your A2 whether you get an A* or not. They don't mention any exceptions for mathematics, so it would seem like it's straight 270/300. Can anyone back up/refute this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timsquirrell)
    Based on this: http://www.edexcel.com/notices/Pages/a-star-grade.aspx

I think it's based on all 3 units of your A2 whether you get an A* or not. They don't mention any exceptions for mathematics, so it would seem like it's straight 270/300. Can anyone back up/refute this?
    http://www.edexcel.com/notices/Pages/A-star-maths.aspx

ReputationRep:
    i now need -8 marks in C4 for an A, or 80 for an A*. it is now chill time.

ReputationRep:
    lol i need 100 in c4 to get an A*. maybe i should resit c3. does anyone know if the c3 resit will be on the same day as c4? because if so cba with resit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarity Incognito)
    Just because I told him no one wants to hear it doesn't mean I'm telling him he can't say it, there is a minute difference regardless of the pedantry. Furthermore, I find it completely ridiculous that people are so insensitive, especially concerning exam results. Everyone knows that 93% is good and to so callously talk about retaking with the comment being so blunt and short, I found it rather crass, and was just reciprocating the vibe of impetuity. So, I apologise if I offended you but I find it very tiresome when people feel the need to interrupt when they are clearly not wanted.

Anyway, how come you do not know what you got yet? Yes, I agree, an A is considered to be very good. Although, I do think that the A* is very useful to differentiate between top candidates. Good luck.
    Let me just uncheck 'use Thesaurus for big words to sound smarts' for you.

Everyone has different standards, and not everyone is going to be happy with what they get. Some are going to be overly happy. That's life. It's the nature of a forum to say how you feel, because you don't know these people. If he had said that to someone in real life who had just scraped a C, THAT would be insensitive, but it's a fact of life that someone is always going to do better. Does that person who got a C live in a bubble where they got the best result in the world? No, so why would they care what someone on a forum frequented by hundreds of thousands of students say?

There's no reason white-knighting when nobody needs defending, and if anything, it makes you look like a jackass who is jealous of his score, even if you did supposedly get 99/100.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.