Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notepad)
    I meant, you might feel like "Oh, look what she's doing, she's going slightly crazy and telling the world about her rejection and trying to appeal; maybe I should do that? :unsure:" But there's no point since liverpool won't care, @[email protected]
    aaah right! sorry about the misunderstanding (+ve rep for you :p:). naww there really isnt any point. if anything it pisses off admissions tutors even more!

ReputationRep:
    She sounds really arrogant and stupid. Loads of excellent applicants get turned down each year and she seems like she thinks she's better than them, so yeah you're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TENDYRAAA!)
    aaah right! sorry about the misunderstanding (+ve rep for you :p:). naww there really isnt any point. if anything it pisses off admissions tutors even more!
    Aww, why, thank you!

Hun, i don't even think it's going to get to the admissions tutors :fan:

ReputationRep:
    I've already had rejections, and I'm completely fine about it. Your friend just needs to remember that there's more than one medschool. In my opinion, appealing would piss the admissions tutors off, and in the event that she reapplied next year, no matter how good the application is, she will still be marked as "the applicant who appealed with no valid reason". In the even more unlikely event that she did get a place, she would be taught by some of the admissions staff, making for an awkward situation. Not a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently empathy is a key quality of being a doctor. Maybe if you put yourself in her headspace and try and see what she is thinking you can get a better perspective on what she was looking for.

Everything you say is probably right, but that doesn't sound like what she wanted to hear.
    Sometimes it is better to just indulge people when they are a bit emotive about something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cptKernow)
    Apparently empathy is a key quality of being a doctor. Maybe if you put yourself in her headspace and try and see what she is thinking you can get a better perspective on what she was looking for.

Everything you say is probably right, but that doesn't sound like what she wanted to hear.
    Sometimes it is better to just indulge people when they are a bit emotive about something
    indeed empathy is a key quality, but indulgence breeds false hope. would you want your doctor to indulge you when the reality is your prognosis is really not good? :p: . Being truthful is also a key quality.

Besides, I don't think applying empathy in a medical/doctor-y way applies as much to this situation, because of the fact its not related to anyones health/prognosis, and it's to do with someone over-reacting over something that isn't that big a deal in reality.

(sorry if that sounds harsh, but she did need telling overall its not the end of the world. EVERYBODY says she won't stop going on about it :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Slip some phallus into her mouth to shut her the **** up?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, she probably won't get far with her appeal.

She, and any other medical applicant, should always go into this UCAS process knowing that it is going to be tough and that it is highly unlikely she won't get at least one rejection.

ReputationRep:
    mek this macca a nice cuppa tea, and tell em not to worry so mush.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.