Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen92)
    Yeah ive been thinking about criminology a lot... Jennie ive never seen any tv show like csi and stuff like that, unless its been on in the background or somthing. I think the bill is the closest i've come on the off that its on lol.

But yeah ucas website has been useful, i just cant decide. But i definately want to go to university, and do something around one of those areas
    Im not saying thats your reason just that a lot of people dont research it enough, on here many criminology students warn others off, that the degree by itself wont help you get a related job but be 3 years of you spending money and studying for you to then have to do more if you want more than the basic grad job in an office. If you want to go into the psychology side youd need psychology and criminology.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know what to do, do Psychology. It seems a lot of people who have no idea what to do go for Psychology.

:sigh:

I did it because it's really interesting. Not very arty though I'm afraid.

Criminology is interesting enough, though the generic 'this is what crime is' gets a little repetitive.

I was looking into a degree in Criminology initially, but then realised I'd be better doing the straight Psychology course. Psychology is more widely useful, and covers a lot of what you might need in Criminology anyway.

I'm studying a Criminology module right now and realised I made the right choice in terms of taking the Psychology degree.

ReputationRep:
    iv just applied for criminology looks interesting !!!
    to be honest see how you enjoy your subjects this year and look 4 unis you like and have a look a course specs i diidnt know what to apply for till i started looking
    i dont think it matters what degree you get employers like the look of it when they employ some1 with a degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha_c)
    Hey what made you choose criminolgy in the end over psychology, and how the applying going?

(I dropped out of birmingham just after you earlier in the year )

Ah now i see your username after you mention that i think i remember talking to you.
    Well i just didnt like how scientific it was in the end- loved the uni wasnt keen on the course. I spoke to someone who did the same as me and she is loving criminology now.
    ive got all my offers- surrey, cardiff and royal holloway!

Visited Cardiff today and i REALLY liked it, more than i thought i would- i think i shall probs be choosing between this and Surrey

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.