Turn on thread page Beta

Those LACE DRESSES (that are everywhere) watch

ReputationRep:
    So I succumbed to this trend and bought myself one of those lace dresses:

http://www.asos.com/Ring%20Bikini%20...px?iid= 585817

BUT, my question is... is there any way of making it a bit more edgy, different?? Because I like the style, but hate the fact that I will probably look like 90% of other clubbers when I wear it. I've got friends who seem capable of making any these 'hot trends' really unique and edgy, but I fail, so....

Any ideas?? :confused:

(btw, i bought it in navy, as black seems the common choice...?)

ReputationRep:
    100% hot though...

ReputationRep:
    Looks extremely sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Cut two big holes in the chest so your boobs pop out the front.

ReputationRep:
    Get some statement/crazy tights/stockings. Belt it up? Some kinda cardigan or whatever on top.
    I see them on EVERY girl now, but they are cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Cut two big holes in the chest so your boobs pop out the front.
    Then nipple tassles. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have that one in black
    My jewellery style is a bit unusual, so I wear chunky gold and pearl necklace with it, which makes it look slightly different, could wear it with a blazer, for clubbing though blazer would be too warm.

ReputationRep:
    Wear a gold or silver belt, matching shoes and bag, a long beaded tier necklace and earrings.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear it with some white tights, and a fitted blazer.

ReputationRep:
    If your any good with making dresses etc, alter the back, kinda like backless

Otherwise, find a cute blazer that will suit it, yet make you stand out, Big heels..and some unique jewellery

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try pairing it with some statement shoes or accesories that you might not normally wear with it? These are a pair that I think would work quite well:

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Hot-Le...rt=-1&clr=Grey

ReputationRep:
    As soon as i saw the dress i thought 'fitted blazer' - seems there are some stylish people on here who agree! Maybe a thin belt around the blazer or just around the dress on its own, depends on what looks good
    obviously nice shoes, i would say thick black tights (it is winter) so as not to show off to much flesh...the boys love it but you shouldnt go round dressed as a shlagg maybe some unique jewellery. How do you feel about hats? I was thinking a trilby...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe get some big roses like
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...age=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
    and safety pin it on to the dress or something?
    or get some ribbon and tie it around your waist to be like a belt but a ribbon-y effect at the same time?
    oh and I think the black is nicer (by that I mean sexier lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessSiobhan17)
    How do you feel about hats? I was thinking a trilby...
    Haha, that's exactly what I did with mine! <3 for my trilby I have a dress similar to this (got it at this weird shop in my town) only it's covered in sequins. Unfortunately the smallest size was still baggy on me so I put a statement belt on it, worked a treat. Wore it with silver tights and BIG heels, lovely

ReputationRep:
    just patterned/ fishnet tights or stockings, and a cardigan

ReputationRep:
    honestly id say a fitted blazer too
    or a pair of statement leggings/tight with bold big heels

ReputationRep:
    I'd have bought the purple one out of all of those, as I've seen all the other colours elsewhere and white looks like a wedding dress The navy one is also a lovely colour. I would wear a headband with a big bow on it, long pearl necklace, plain tights, brogues, boyfriend blazer, and a thin belt round the blazer and dress. But that's just me and my style is quite OTT if I'm not careful aha.

ReputationRep:
    Good choice with the navy!

A dress with so much detail does not need overworking.. no patterns anywhere else on your outfit.
    I'd say, play the rest of your outfit down, and make a statement with your makeup.
    I'd go for a pale complexion with bright pink lips for a contrast to the dress.

ReputationRep:
    I would choose bright but plain shoes, some sort of unusual earrings or maybe some kind of 1920's style headband.

ReputationRep:
    Voted: hot

Matching push up bra and thong as well = extremely hot :coma:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.