Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Those LACE DRESSES (that are everywhere) watch

ReputationRep:
    So I succumbed to this trend and bought myself one of those lace dresses:

http://www.asos.com/Ring%20Bikini%20...px?iid= 585817

BUT, my question is... is there any way of making it a bit more edgy, different?? Because I like the style, but hate the fact that I will probably look like 90% of other clubbers when I wear it. I've got friends who seem capable of making any these 'hot trends' really unique and edgy, but I fail, so....

Any ideas?? :confused:

(btw, i bought it in navy, as black seems the common choice...?)

ReputationRep:
    100% hot though...

ReputationRep:
    Looks extremely sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Cut two big holes in the chest so your boobs pop out the front.

ReputationRep:
    Get some statement/crazy tights/stockings. Belt it up? Some kinda cardigan or whatever on top.
    I see them on EVERY girl now, but they are cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Cut two big holes in the chest so your boobs pop out the front.
    Then nipple tassles. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have that one in black
    My jewellery style is a bit unusual, so I wear chunky gold and pearl necklace with it, which makes it look slightly different, could wear it with a blazer, for clubbing though blazer would be too warm.

ReputationRep:
    Wear a gold or silver belt, matching shoes and bag, a long beaded tier necklace and earrings.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear it with some white tights, and a fitted blazer.

ReputationRep:
    If your any good with making dresses etc, alter the back, kinda like backless

Otherwise, find a cute blazer that will suit it, yet make you stand out, Big heels..and some unique jewellery

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try pairing it with some statement shoes or accesories that you might not normally wear with it? These are a pair that I think would work quite well:

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Hot-Le...rt=-1&clr=Grey

ReputationRep:
    As soon as i saw the dress i thought 'fitted blazer' - seems there are some stylish people on here who agree! Maybe a thin belt around the blazer or just around the dress on its own, depends on what looks good
    obviously nice shoes, i would say thick black tights (it is winter) so as not to show off to much flesh...the boys love it but you shouldnt go round dressed as a shlagg maybe some unique jewellery. How do you feel about hats? I was thinking a trilby...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe get some big roses like
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...age=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
    and safety pin it on to the dress or something?
    or get some ribbon and tie it around your waist to be like a belt but a ribbon-y effect at the same time?
    oh and I think the black is nicer (by that I mean sexier lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessSiobhan17)
    How do you feel about hats? I was thinking a trilby...
    Haha, that's exactly what I did with mine! <3 for my trilby I have a dress similar to this (got it at this weird shop in my town) only it's covered in sequins. Unfortunately the smallest size was still baggy on me so I put a statement belt on it, worked a treat. Wore it with silver tights and BIG heels, lovely

ReputationRep:
    just patterned/ fishnet tights or stockings, and a cardigan

ReputationRep:
    honestly id say a fitted blazer too
    or a pair of statement leggings/tight with bold big heels

ReputationRep:
    I'd have bought the purple one out of all of those, as I've seen all the other colours elsewhere and white looks like a wedding dress The navy one is also a lovely colour. I would wear a headband with a big bow on it, long pearl necklace, plain tights, brogues, boyfriend blazer, and a thin belt round the blazer and dress. But that's just me and my style is quite OTT if I'm not careful aha.

ReputationRep:
    Good choice with the navy!

A dress with so much detail does not need overworking.. no patterns anywhere else on your outfit.
    I'd say, play the rest of your outfit down, and make a statement with your makeup.
    I'd go for a pale complexion with bright pink lips for a contrast to the dress.

ReputationRep:
    I would choose bright but plain shoes, some sort of unusual earrings or maybe some kind of 1920's style headband.

ReputationRep:
    Voted: hot

Matching push up bra and thong as well = extremely hot :coma:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.