Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello,

this may sound silly but what would you consider a chav?

i feel the term can be used far too often

ReputationRep:
    Someone who abuses/terrorises others, or causes damage to people or property.

Basically, most of the people who live near me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    hello,

this may sound silly but what would you consider a chav?

i feel the term can be used far too often
    devvo type him into youtube and you will get an image of what they should be depicted as...

ReputationRep:
    Burberry, heavy gold chains, 4-finger ring or sovereign, etc. I never paid much attention to the whole group status **** in school, because quite frankly, I don't care if your an emo or scene or whatever. From what I do gather, rude boys and chavs are different things (at least from my mates in East London). Rude boys are the ones associated with terrorising people and seriously have a bite, not just a bark. They're all just labels. I'm sure we could ask people in several areas and they would each come up with a different definition.

ReputationRep:
    I use to live round Liverpool it wasnt that nice there when it gets dark.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBelz8BgX0

ReputationRep:
    Lower class, job shy, foul mouthed, thieving, anti social, lardy, baby producing, Jeremy Kyle fodder...mostly.

ReputationRep:
    Poor white people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Lower class, job shy, foul mouthed, thieving, anti social, lardy, baby producing, Jeremy Kyle fodder...mostly.
    Lower class ? There were plenty of chavs from rich families, at least here in Brighton.

ReputationRep:

Although, I'm sure you knew the answer already OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Lower class ? There were plenty of chavs from rich families, at least here in Brighton.
    I'm sure there isn't. Rich boys with gold chains are not the same as your proper "chav". Anyway, i meant class as in the level of ones standards rather then how much their parents earn and what they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demonic Entity)
    Poor white people?
    White trash :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demonic Entity)
    Poor white people?
    Essentially this.

I hate it when people call people wearing New Era caps, air forces/filas/adidas shell toes etc, who don't wear lacoste/burberry etc clothing a chav. It pisses me off, cos they're so different.

By the way, chav music =/= RnB/Rap/Grime/Hip Hop etc.
    It's more put a donk on it, bassline, dnb etc music.

Say nada.

ReputationRep:
    People who wear stuff like Henleys and G star t shirts. Nike air max trainers. Short back and sides haircut. Gold chains/jewellery. Like **** music. Walk around with an attitude. Tray and act hard confrontational to intimidate people.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who describes themself as sassy. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    I'm sure there isn't. Rich boys with gold chains are not the same as your proper "chav". Anyway, i meant class as in the level of ones standards rather then how much their parents earn and what they do.
    Ahh I wasn't sure which you meant but it's true, chavs came from all sort of families and hung out together, doing the exact same things. Only difference is the richer chavs probaly got good jobs through their parents after their phase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlamCanyon)
    Anyone who describes themself as sassy. :p:
    Aeroplane remix of Paris.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Aeroplane remix of Paris.:yep:
    Yeah, it's an immense song. I wish I would hear it more often when I'm out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlamCanyon)
    Yeah, it's an immense song. I wish I would hear it more often when I'm out!
    Your lucky i've never heard it all when i'm out!

ReputationRep:
    Just a term for the scruffy low-class imo.

Low class in terms of values and failure to exercise decorum rather than purely financial terms.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.