Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlamCanyon)
    Anyone who describes themself as sassy. :p:

was there any need for that?

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO

If the antimatter of my entity was discovered, I would call it a chav.

ReputationRep:
    Common, tracksuit wearing, playing their music aloud on the back of the bus, teeth sucking, unable to speak properly.
    Cheap and nasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4WhenImBanned)
    My dog looks very similar to yours.
    Gotta' love Border Collies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    i can honestly say that is the most ridiculous thing i have herd.
    i know many working class people who are not chavs and are well mannerd . if this is right chav stands for Council Housed And Violent a lot of working class live in private housing and are not violent.
    Well that's just my take on it but of course you're welcome to your won opinion. i tend not to use the word "Chav" as it's too ambiguous! I go for LCD (lowest common denominator) or just scum!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    They're one of those things you can just see/tell when you encounter them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ncgb)
    Burberry, heavy gold chains, 4-finger ring or sovereign, etc. I never paid much attention to the whole group status **** in school, because quite frankly, I don't care if your an emo or scene or whatever. From what I do gather, rude boys and chavs are different things (at least from my mates in East London). Rude boys are the ones associated with terrorising people and seriously have a bite, not just a bark. They're all just labels. I'm sure we could ask people in several areas and they would each come up with a different definition.
    Agreed, I know a a lot of rude boys since I grew up with it in my school and still good friends with to this day. Majority of chavs are pussys will happily give you a load of lip but when your going to fight one they don't want to know.

Essentially this.

I hate it when people call people wearing New Era caps, air forces/filas/adidas shell toes etc, who don't wear lacoste/burberry etc clothing a chav. It pisses me off, cos they're so different.

By the way, chav music =/= RnB/Rap/Grime/Hip Hop etc.
    It's more put a donk on it, bassline, dnb etc music.

Say nada.

So.... Your saying black rude boys are chavs because they listen to Grime/Hip Hop.

I listen to Grime/Bashment/Hip Hop does that make me a chav when I'm from a middle class family and never worn a piece of gold in my life along with Burberry.

I think you seriousley need to reconsider your view on "Chav music" because your sterotyping a lot of people who are not chavs into that category.

True Gangster

Chav

Which one do you think is going to carry out his words?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    So.... Your saying black rude boys are chavs because they listen to Grime/Hip Hop.

I listen to Grime/Bashment/Hip Hop does that make me a chav when I'm from a middle class family and never worn a piece of gold in my life along with Burberry.

I think you seriousley need to reconsider your view on "Chav music" because your sterotyping a lot of people who are not chavs into that category.

Which one do you think is going to carry out his words?
    :lolwut:

Can you not read? My post is basically what you just said.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Can you not read? My post is basically what you just said.
    You still havnt answered my view on "Chav music".

ReputationRep:
    Who gave me the neg rep for looking gay. :rolleyes: Im presuming it was a guy.

ReputationRep:
    You still havnt answered my view on "Chav music".
    It's a qualified statement, as I said 'more', thus meaning that I did not stereotype.

You need to brush up on your reading.

ReputationRep:
    It's a qualified statement, as I said 'more', thus meaning that I did not stereotype.

You need to brush up on your reading.
    The same with your spelling as "Cos" isn't proper English.

If your trawling for a massive online argument your wasting your time I've said my bits which I'm happy with.

ReputationRep:
    The same with your spelling as "Cos" isn't proper English.

If your trawling for a massive online argument your wasting your time I've said my bits which I'm happy with.
    You're genuinely mentally disabled.

I wasn't trying to cause an argument, I was telling you that you can't read. In writing this post, it may seem like I'm asking for an argument, but, far from it, I, in fact, do not want to argue with you, so, please, don't respond back.

Edit: by the way, it's clear that I abbreviated 'because' to 'cos', just because it's faster and more efficient, just how it's clear that you are mentally disabled and you lack the ability to understand simple statements, and misconstrue them for their opposite meaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    People who wear stuff like Henleys and G star t shirts. Nike air max trainers. Short back and sides haircut. Gold chains/jewellery. Like **** music. Walk around with an attitude. Tray and act hard confrontational to intimidate people.
    WTF.....that is not what a real chav is, to be a chav you have to be council housed, agressive and violent, thats it. What your doing is like me saying that coz you are wearing an open necked t shirt u take it up the ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongo Bongo)
    WTF.....that is not what a real chav is, to be a chav you have to be council housed, agressive and violent, thats it. What your doing is like me saying that coz you are wearing an open necked t shirt u take it up the ass.
    Don't make me laugh boy. I take it your probably a chav then.

ReputationRep:
    LOL if you say so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongo Bongo)
    LOL if you say so.
    Try growing up mate.

ReputationRep:
    Having a nickname like Rhino or Smasher is usually a big giveaway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    People who wear stuff like Henleys and G star t shirts. Nike air max trainers. Short back and sides haircut. Gold chains/jewellery. Like **** music. Walk around with an attitude. Tray and act hard confrontational to intimidate people.
    deadmau5 is cool

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.