Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Should I reply back to the universities straight away ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiterallyInsane)
    Should I reply back to the universities straight away ?
    Own preference really. Mine I knew for certain Liverpool would be my firm and UCLAN my insurance, but I had a dilemma wherether to choose Archaeology and Ancient history at Liverpool or just Ancient History. I asked my teacher and he said to wait until I got my results from the retakes, which a lot of people advise, but that made no sense for me because both offers were the same. So I just went for the one I thought I'd enjoy more.

Personally, I have to do stuff straight away. If you're certain I'd do it now, but otherwise wait until you've been to the post offer open days and found out everything you want to know to make the right choice.

ReputationRep:
    I recieved all of mine a while ago and the deadline reminder for me to reply came up on UCAS but it isn't until like May. I decided in my mind I will decide in February when I'm not thinking about exams so much as the January exams will be over. It is totally up to you though, if you know what you want already and know you won't change your mind, then reply. However, there is no harm in waiting, just in case...

ReputationRep:
    I have received all of mine too Still not sure where i want to go so probably won't reply for a while. There's no real rush

ReputationRep:
    So have I
    Im so thankful that it was this early, its such a nice suprised feeling.

I'm not replying until i've done the open days

ReputationRep:
    Exactly hmm congratulation everyone ..
    and Gosh got one exam left .. So I suppose I will have to wait and then reply

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise to have a look at when their accommodation deadlines are. I made the mistake of waiting until my post-offer open days were over last year, and by the time they'd all finished, a lot of the accommodation at my firm choice's university was filled up (it was on a first come, first served basis) so I had less of a choice of accommodation because I'd waited. It's not necessarily the same for all universities, though. Just check to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    I got my last offer yesterday and responded there and then. For me (because of the conditions among other things) it was always gonna be Exeter and Southampton so there was no need to hang around. Just depends on how certain you are about how much you like each course i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am certain I want to go to that University
    but thanks for the replies guys I will check out the website and see if I can find anything in regards to deadlines

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.