Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for a bursary watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I wondered if anybody could help with this.

I want to get a bursary at Sheffield, and it says I need to go through Student Finance England, and then I get automatically assessed. However, I don't want a student loan, so when I get to the stage asking if "I want to apply for the level of finance shown here" or if "I want to apply for more, taking into account my household income", what should I do?

Or should I never have reached this stage and should I have done something different in an earlier form?

I would appreciate your help!

Many thanks,
    Callum

ReputationRep:
    ask for no loan but to be income assessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    ask for no loan but to be income assessed.
    So what option do I choose here, and where/when do I specify that I don't want a loan? Is it after saying "I want to apply for the level of finance shown" or in some other section?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it will be after you have chosen "yes" to the question "I want to apply for more, taking into account my household income"

At some point in the application process you will be asked which loans you want to take out and how much loan you wish, to which you answer 'no' or 'none'

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.