Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone STILL not had an invitation to interview for physics at Imperial? I spoke to someone on the phone who said the interviews went up until March, but the acknowledgement email said decisions would be made by the end of January:

"As I am sure you are aware, admission to the College is very competitive and we receive a large number of applications from excellent candidates. In order to ensure that all applicants receive equal consideration, it is often not possible to make a final decision on your application until the end of January."

Anyone still waiting or heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harcourt)
    Has anyone STILL not had an invitation to interview for physics at Imperial? I spoke to someone on the phone who said the interviews went up until March, but the acknowledgement email said decisions would be made by the end of January:

"As I am sure you are aware, admission to the College is very competitive and we receive a large number of applications from excellent candidates. In order to ensure that all applicants receive equal consideration, it is often not possible to make a final decision on your application until the end of January."

Anyone still waiting or heard anything?
    well its not quite the end of january yet, so i wouldnt worry until then

ReputationRep:
    ahh, im in exactly the same boat!.. its so frustrating.
    i got the same acknowledgment email and the same response when i phoned up.
    i think the next lot of interviews start in february.

i wish if they were planning to reject me theyd just do it now so i can apply for my birmingham accommodation :/

anyways, good luck. let me know if you hear anything from them x

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything, rejection or interview, and I applied at the very start of December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erin192)
    ahh, im in exactly the same boat!.. its so frustrating.
    i got the same acknowledgment email and the same response when i phoned up.
    i think the next lot of interviews start in february.

i wish if they were planning to reject me theyd just do it now so i can apply for my birmingham accommodation :/

anyways, good luck. let me know if you hear anything from them x

(Original post by CJN)
    I haven't heard anything, rejection or interview, and I applied at the very start of December I haven't heard anything, rejection or interview, and I applied at the very start of December
    D'you mind me asking what AS/A2s you got? I'm on a gap year and missed imperial's 3A offer by one grade, so I'm retaking, though my math syllabus doesn't have the A*...

ReputationRep:
    D'you mind me asking what AS/A2s you got? I'm on a gap year and missed imperial's 3A offer by one grade, so I'm retaking, though my math syllabus doesn't have the A*...
    I do Scottish Highers and advanced highers, but I got AAAABB in my highers (did an extra one, so have six instead of the normal five) and predicted 3 A grades at advanced higher (essentially equivalent to A-level, imperial ask for 3 As).

What did you get? This wait is killing me. I am hoping now applications have closed they will hurry up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    I do Scottish Highers and advanced highers, but I got AAAABB in my highers (did an extra one, so have six instead of the normal five) and predicted 3 A grades at advanced higher (essentially equivalent to A-level, imperial ask for 3 As).

What did you get? This wait is killing me. I am hoping now applications have closed they will hurry up a bit.
    Ahh, maybe they're interviewing people with non-standard grades last?
    Their standard offer is A*AA now, which I physically can't get.
    I got 2As in Maths and Physics last year, and 2Bs in Chemistry and Further Maths, at A level, but since the A* grade only got introduced last year, my syllabus doesn't reward it... I would guess they would interview people on gap years last anyway, since that seems to be how most unis do it, but possibly the qualification is why your interview is so late?

I do remember them being late last year anyway, I had all my other interviews before I even heard from them.. Still though, they had got back to me by December...

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i have standard qualifications and have not taken a gap year.
    i think theyre just leaving the borderline applicants till the end, i think were the bottom of the pile.
    i know its not an excuse in the eyes of imperial, but going to a sub-standard FE college renowned for its 'vocational training', i feel like i cant really compete with other peoples pristine grades :/
    however at AS i have: physics-A, maths-A, chemistry-B, further maths-B.
    im predicted AAAA, and feel ive done really well in my C3 exam so could maybe get an A* in maths.

ahh! i hope they get back to me soon.. i applied in october!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I really wouldn't worry about it; everyone I know who's got interviews only had 1 weeks notice. I have mine on wednesday, but I only got told 5 days earlier :s

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, maybe they're interviewing people with non-standard grades last?
    Their standard offer is A*AA now, which I physically can't get.
    I got 2As in Maths and Physics last year, and 2Bs in Chemistry and Further Maths, at A level, but since the A* grade only got introduced last year, my syllabus doesn't reward it... I would guess they would interview people on gap years last anyway, since that seems to be how most unis do it, but possibly the qualification is why your interview is so late?

I do remember them being late last year anyway, I had all my other interviews before I even heard from them.. Still though, they had got back to me by December...
    Maybe, I am not sure though, I applied later than most (early december). For Imperial they ask AAA at AH, I cannot get an A* since they don't exist here, so similar to you.

My qualifications are standard for scotland, just I did an extra one, but some people in my school have been interviewed by Imperial (not for physics though - for medicine and engineering).

hmm, i have standard qualifications and have not taken a gap year.
    i think theyre just leaving the borderline applicants till the end, i think were the bottom of the pile.
    i know its not an excuse in the eyes of imperial, but going to a sub-standard FE college renowned for its 'vocational training', i feel like i cant really compete with other peoples pristine grades :/
    however at AS i have: physics-A, maths-A, chemistry-B, further maths-B.
    im predicted AAAA, and feel ive done really well in my C3 exam so could maybe get an A* in maths.

ahh! i hope they get back to me soon.. i applied in october!
    But none of us, based on grades, should be borderline. You are sitting one more thing than they ask for (4 A-levels), I am predicted the highest possible grades and have done an extra higher (like an extra as-level) and my PS is aparently strong.

I dunno, we will here, I just want them to hurry up so I can start preparing, or start deciding what to do next. I still have to hear from edinburgh and st. andrews as well.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry CJN , there are lots of people who have offers from oxford who havnt heard from imperial...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbnphlp)
    dont worry CJN , there are lots of people who have offers from oxford who havnt heard from imperial...
    Thanks for the encouragment

Sometimes I think no news is good news, because they might be considering me. But then one of my friends told me imperial don't update ucas for months, and that you here of interviews by email so that made me think if I didn't have the email then it was a rejection, but not been updated.

But then I see many great candidates in the same position, I would just love for them to hurry up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    Thanks for the encouragment

Sometimes I think no news is good news, because they might be considering me. But then one of my friends told me imperial don't update ucas for months, and that you here of interviews by email so that made me think if I didn't have the email then it was a rejection, but not been updated.

But then I see many great candidates in the same position, I would just love for them to hurry up
    That's not strictly true about ucas - they DO update ucas, but not their emails.. Last year I got an acknowledgement of my application *after* my offer, and I found my offer on ucas about 2 weeks before the email came round

You shouldn't worry though, I just got my interview and I'm pretty sure you're application looks better than mine, at least in terms of grades, etc.

ReputationRep:
    That's not strictly true about ucas - they DO update ucas, but not their emails.. Last year I got an acknowledgement of my application *after* my offer, and I found my offer on ucas about 2 weeks before the email came round

You shouldn't worry though, I just got my interview and I'm pretty sure you're application looks better than mine, at least in terms of grades, etc.
    Thanks for the advice, and good luck in your interview hope you get in

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone. just found out ive got an interview on the 15th
    is anyone else going that day?

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone. just found out ive got an interview on the 15th
    is anyone else going that day?
    when did you find that out and how did they tell you?

ReputationRep:
    they emailed me earlier today.
    i wouldnt worry if you havnt had a reply yet though, i think they still interview as late as march

ReputationRep:
    they emailed me earlier today.
    i wouldnt worry if you havnt had a reply yet though, i think they still interview as late as march
    ok thanks when did you send your application? What address was the email from, I might check my spam folder just to be hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    it was from [email protected]
    and i sent my application way back in mid-october

ReputationRep:
    it was from [email protected]
    and i sent my application way back in mid-october
    Ah ok thanks, in my acknowledgement email it says that they will try to get back to everyone by the end of January, so I had hoped to hear back. I guess with the extended UCAS deadline etc. and stuff it might be another few weeks.

Has anyone received rejections from imperial for physics yet?

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.