This discussion is closed.
gaga_kid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi.. I was happy to see a positive reply from a uni this morning in which they gave me an offer of 280 point. Not bad!

Problem is... theyve changed me from Video Production to Film Studies & Creative Arts.... why would that be do you reckon? would they tell me why?

Tried looking at their website but there is no details of what this course entails... what would Creative Arts mean.. I was thinking Drama which I wouldnt mind but they also do a Film Studies & Drama course and so obviously they cant be the same thing. Nothing in my past exams or PS refers to ART...so...any ideas?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gaga_kid)
Hi.. I was happy to see a positive reply from a uni this morning in which they gave me an offer of 280 point. Not bad!

Problem is... theyve changed me from Video Production to Film Studies & Creative Arts.... why would that be do you reckon? would they tell me why?

Tried looking at their website but there is no details of what this course entails... what would Creative Arts mean.. I was thinking Drama which I wouldnt mind but they also do a Film Studies & Drama course and so obviously they cant be the same thing. Nothing in my past exams or PS refers to ART...so...any ideas?
ring them and ask for details about the new course.

lou xxx
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
ring them and ask for details about the new course.

lou xxx
maybe its the same thing theyve just given the course a new name!
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gaga_kid)

maybe you put the wrong numbers on for the course in ucas thing box.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
maybe you put the wrong numbers on for the course in ucas thing box.
hmmm, but doesn't it automatically come up with the name of the course on the computer *is sure it did on hers*

lou xxx
gaga_kid
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
on my ucas thing when I clicked off the offer the first thing it said was

Note : Changed course.
cherrydrops1985
Report 16 years ago
isnt that when they offer u an alternative course becoz the one u applied for wasnt available or u didnt get in for it?

why dont u go on their website and check their course index and look for the course u initially applied for, and the course theyve offered and see if theres any difference
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Video production is very technical and requires a lot of physics knowledge. I studied a bit of it on my course last year and there was a lot of physics involved in the broadcasting techniques section.

Maybe that is why they have put you onto a different course.
mr-shiraz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You should definately ring them to find out whats going on.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (156)
45.48%
Take exams next summer (52)
15.16%
Change uni choice through clearing (81)
23.62%
Apply to uni next year instead (38)
11.08%
I'm not applying to university (16)
4.66%

Watched Threads