Turn on thread page Beta

Uni changing your course! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi.. I was happy to see a positive reply from a uni this morning in which they gave me an offer of 280 point. Not bad!

Problem is... theyve changed me from Video Production to Film Studies & Creative Arts.... why would that be do you reckon? would they tell me why?

Tried looking at their website but there is no details of what this course entails... what would Creative Arts mean.. I was thinking Drama which I wouldnt mind but they also do a Film Studies & Drama course and so obviously they cant be the same thing. Nothing in my past exams or PS refers to ART...so...any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaga_kid)
    Hi.. I was happy to see a positive reply from a uni this morning in which they gave me an offer of 280 point. Not bad!

Problem is... theyve changed me from Video Production to Film Studies & Creative Arts.... why would that be do you reckon? would they tell me why?

Tried looking at their website but there is no details of what this course entails... what would Creative Arts mean.. I was thinking Drama which I wouldnt mind but they also do a Film Studies & Drama course and so obviously they cant be the same thing. Nothing in my past exams or PS refers to ART...so...any ideas?
    ring them and ask for details about the new course.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    ring them and ask for details about the new course.

lou xxx
    maybe its the same thing theyve just given the course a new name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaga_kid)

maybe you put the wrong numbers on for the course in ucas thing box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    maybe you put the wrong numbers on for the course in ucas thing box.
    hmmm, but doesn't it automatically come up with the name of the course on the computer *is sure it did on hers*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    on my ucas thing when I clicked off the offer the first thing it said was

Note : Changed course.

ReputationRep:
    isnt that when they offer u an alternative course becoz the one u applied for wasnt available or u didnt get in for it?

why dont u go on their website and check their course index and look for the course u initially applied for, and the course theyve offered and see if theres any difference

ReputationRep:
    Video production is very technical and requires a lot of physics knowledge. I studied a bit of it on my course last year and there was a lot of physics involved in the broadcasting techniques section.

Maybe that is why they have put you onto a different course.

ReputationRep:
    You should definately ring them to find out whats going on.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.