Turn on thread page Beta

Being stalked by my Ex! D: watch

Keep anon.

We broke up back in October, ive got a new boyfriend now, but he just keeps texting me all the time and comments on facebook etc. Im talking, constant texts throughtout the day! Even to say goodnight.

This recent stalking has only happened the last few weeks, cus he wanted to meet up with me to give me a birthday present, i wanted him to see me at work, but then my shift finished early so it had to be a proper social meeting, on monday.

Since then, he thinks we are friends. But it seems to have gone over the extreme now... Literally, i had just comented this girls facebook picture about piercings, straight away he text me asking me about piercings!!! I said it was a secret, but he miraculously knew which piercing i wanted to get done... Stalk?! :woo:

Its making me uncomftable (yes, i cant spell)

He's creepy.

ReputationRep:
    Block his number/delete from Facebook. That was easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon.
    i wanted him to see me at work
    Perhaps you should stop leading him towards the conclusion that you are friends. Just tell him that his persistence is bothering you, simple.

(Original post by Mr.Loophole)
    Perhaps you should stop leading him towards the conclusion that you are friends. Just tell him that his persistence is bothering you, simple.
    I meant i wanted him to give me my birthday present at work, so that i could tell him to **** off afterwards.

Douche.

(Original post by Reue)
    Block his number/delete from Facebook. That was easy.
    Im not a heartless ***** though.

ReputationRep:
    Theres your problem then

ReputationRep:
    I meant i wanted him to give me my birthday present at work, so that i could tell him to **** off afterwards.

Douche.
    Wow, I can't believe that you are that much of a D!(k

ReputationRep:

Douche.
    This is less heartless than blocking his number? :eek: Wow.

ReputationRep:
    yet you wanted him to give you a present before you tell him to get lost...?

ReputationRep:

Douche.
    Ahem, really? :awesome:

(Original post by Reue)
    Theres your problem then
    Haha, nice! :awesome:

Its like he needs me or something. I get roughly 50 texts a day. My boyfriend doesnt even text me this much!!

ReputationRep:

Douche.
    I genuinely wasn’t trying to be a ‘douche’. Think about it, he likes you, so whatever opportunity he has to be around you, he’s gonna take. So the best thing for you to do (as suggested by someone else) is to cut him off. Best way to do this is directly telling him.

Anyways hope it works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    LOL wtf you think that's being heartless?:confused:

Well in my honest opinion i think you should deal with it now. My ex stalked me but i didnt think much of it at first. But then it got worse and he was stalking me for a year and i was too scared to do anything. Eventually i had to report him to the police because he kept sending death threats if he found out i was with anyone else and waiting outside my house in his car all nite long!! Since i reported it i havnt heard from him since!

You people take each little word too literally.

I meant it as in "im at work, you shouldnt be bothering me, you should go" kinda thing. Not actual words to his face. Just wanted him to come to my work so that i didnt have to have a conversation. I didnt even want a birthday present! He just text me randomly saying he bought me one, i didnt know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    You should tell him how you feel, that you've broken up and its time to move on.
    It may seem harsh but he things theres something still there

ReputationRep:

Douche.
    He was only trying to give you some advice. Nobody will want to help you if that's the attitude you take to every response.

You make no mention of your attempts to dissuade this bloke in your original post. What are we supposed to think?

ReputationRep:
    Try easing the texts off each day/week until they phase completely out.

ReputationRep:

He's creepy.
    You said you wouldn't tell anyone!! :mad:

(Original post by NS17)
    He was only trying to give you some advice. Nobody will want to help you if that's the attitude you take to every response.

You make no mention of your attempts to dissuade this bloke in your original post. What are we supposed to think?
    He got a new girlfriend himself and i would alwayd say "doesnt erica mind you texting me etc" as a way to stop it all, but then they brok up and since then, plus his gran dying on the same day that he failed his driving test, he's being more clingy than ever.

I cant just cut him off, its too harsh. I still want to be 'friends' but not 'hey lets meet up and fully know each others lives' kinda friends.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.