Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being stalked by my Ex! D: Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tell him straight out that you don't want this kind of attention from him. If that doesn't work, the only solution is to cut him off. Trust me, I know what you're going through. The longer you let him carry on like this the more you'll come to resent him. I didn't want to be "heartless" to my ex either, but in the end I think cutting him out was the best thing for both of us. He has to move on.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Tell him something really disgusting about yourself. You've developed some sort of weird foot/scat fetish? Or text him saying "I feel so sexy right now, eating bogies." Scare him off :P

Alternatively, delete him off facebook and say it's best that you don't have contact any more until he's over you.

ReputationRep:
    Have sex in front of him and tell him he can't join in.

ReputationRep:
    You should do something about it soon.

I went out with a 19 year old when I was 14 (he had been a friend of the family since I was about 7). He lived in a flat that backed onto a park that my house also backed onto and so he could see my bedroom window from his kitchen and when we broke up he used to sit in his kitchen at night with the light off watching my bedroom window until I turned out my light for the night. He also told my next door neighour that if he was going to come back for me when I was 16 and if I had gone out with anyone else he would kill them.

He also hated one of my friends that was in love with me and followed me around everywhere and nearly started a fight (with a 14 year old). When he moved away (which turned out to be my parents telling him to leave or they would call the police about my age) we went to his flat to collect some stuff he had borrowed (he gave my parents a key when they were still friends) and he had pictures of me all over his bedroom wall with my name written all over it and love hearts and 'forever' etc.

EDIT: I didn't actually sleep with him. I realise that's how it sounds. My parents probably thought I was though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He got a new girlfriend himself and i would alwayd say "doesnt erica mind you texting me etc" as a way to stop it all, but then they brok up and since then, plus his gran dying on the same day that he failed his driving test, he's being more clingy than ever.

I cant just cut him off, its too harsh. I still want to be 'friends' but not 'hey lets meet up and fully know each others lives' kinda friends.
    No it isn't. Again, my ex went through some tough times after we split up (scary similarities! :p:) but him relying on me, someone who was no longer in a relationship with him, wasn't healthy. And trust me, when he starts using his troubles as a sort of "emotional blackmail" to keep you in his life, you'll regret not cutting him out sooner. Sure, it's kind of flattering to have someone "need" you, but when he starts threatening self-harm or suicide if you don't reply to his texts, not so much...

Sorry about the tone of this post- speaking from bitter experience. Your ex may not be as much of a nutter as mine

ReputationRep:
    Woah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    You should do something about it soon.

I went out with a 19 year old when I was 14 (he had been a friend of the family since I was about 7). He lived in a flat that backed onto a park that my house also backed onto and so he could see my bedroom window from his kitchen and when we broke up he used to sit in his kitchen at night with the light off watching my bedroom window until I turned out my light for the night. He also told my next door neighour that if he was going to come back for me when I was 16 and if I had gone out with anyone else he would kill them.

He also hated one of my friends that was in love with me and followed me around everywhere and nearly started a fight (with a 14 year old). When he moved away (which turned out to be my parents telling him to leave or they would call the police about my age) we went to his flat to collect some stuff he had borrowed (he gave my parents a key when they were still friends) and he had pictures of me all over his bedroom wall with my name written all over it and love hearts and 'forever' etc.

EDIT: I didn't actually sleep with him. I realise that's how it sounds. My parents probably thought I was though.
    What?! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Keep anon.

We broke up back in October, ive got a new boyfriend now, but he just keeps texting me all the time and comments on facebook etc. Im talking, constant texts throughtout the day! Even to say goodnight.

This recent stalking has only happened the last few weeks, cus he wanted to meet up with me to give me a birthday present, i wanted him to see me at work, but then my shift finished early so it had to be a proper social meeting, on monday.

Since then, he thinks we are friends. But it seems to have gone over the extreme now... Literally, i had just comented this girls facebook picture about piercings, straight away he text me asking me about piercings!!! I said it was a secret, but he miraculously knew which piercing i wanted to get done... Stalk?! :woo:

Its making me uncomftable (yes, i cant spell)

He's creepy.
    Tell him straight. Make sure he knows where he stands and that you don't like what he's doing. He may not stop unless you do

ReputationRep:
    Keep anon.

We broke up back in October, ive got a new boyfriend now, but he just keeps texting me all the time and comments on facebook etc. Im talking, constant texts throughtout the day! Even to say goodnight.

This recent stalking has only happened the last few weeks, cus he wanted to meet up with me to give me a birthday present, i wanted him to see me at work, but then my shift finished early so it had to be a proper social meeting, on monday.

Since then, he thinks we are friends. But it seems to have gone over the extreme now... Literally, i had just comented this girls facebook picture about piercings, straight away he text me asking me about piercings!!! I said it was a secret, but he miraculously knew which piercing i wanted to get done... Stalk?! :woo:

He's creepy.
    Facebook Block, change your facebook name so using a friends account does not appear, remove default display picture, better yet deactivate your account for some time also. Get a new mobile phone number.

If he stalks you by visiting you at work or home, call the police. he's clearly disturbed and telling him to shove off will only provoke him and do the EVIL thing. So get police protection or someone there for you, preferably someone who knows how to deal situations like this than getting things out of hand.

ReputationRep:
    I cant just cut him off, its too harsh. I still want to be 'friends' but not 'hey lets meet up and fully know each others lives' kinda friends.
    You cant have it both ways :s If you remain friends then he's still going to have access to you and be able to make you uncomfortable. Just tell him face to face to back off a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Im not a heartless ***** though.
    I meant i wanted him to give me my birthday present at work, so that i could tell him to **** off afterwards.

Douche.
    Ahh..I do love it when people contradict themselves

ReputationRep:
    Keep anon.

He's creepy.
    id advise you delete him off facebook, don't reply to texts. send him a quick message saying you've done this because of the excessive messaging, so he doesnt send you lots of texts back asking why, and then dont communicate with him for a while until you think he's got your message.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.