Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    York is my first choice atm but im not unsure.
    Ive been offered a place by all 3 but when i visited for my interview Leeds and Newcastle seemed like better uni's better atmospheres
    But york's course sounded better and is generally regarded as a better universitry as far as rankings go so will i bet a better degree there?
    also the night life in leeds and newcastle is better

ReputationRep:
    Which course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suffix)
    Which course?
    What courses have you applied for at Notts and Mancs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzab)
    Notts = Industrial Economics
    Manchester = International Business, Finance and Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suffix)
    Which course?
    Well what thread is it under? :rolleyes:
    I would say York is a very prestigous university and has an even better reputation in CS hence I would go with York personally.

ReputationRep:
    With them grades why have you not applied within the top 11 of the TAELT?

ReputationRep:
    York>Newcastle=Leeds personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    With them grades why have you not applied within the top 11 of the TAELT?
    I will do lol, just my lack of maths at the moment, look at my Gap year plan at the bottom of my sig.

I feel as if after the Top 11, these unis represent the best chance of me landing a good job, didn't want to do the Nottingham course as it was BA Industrial Economics so IMO Loughborough beats Manchester, Soton, Leeds, etc and is on par with Brummie for a job in IB.

Where are you applying or have you applied and are at Uni?

ReputationRep:
    I will do lol, just my lack of maths at the moment, look at my Gap year plan at the bottom of my sig.

I feel as if after the Top 11, these unis represent the best chance of me landing a good job, didn't want to do the Nottingham course as it was BA Industrial Economics so IMO Loughborough beats Manchester, Soton, Leeds, etc and is on par with Brummie for a job in IB.

Sorry I simply assumed as you were applying for BSc Economics that you would have maths at A2. Are you considering to do Further Maths during this gap year as this will be even more beneficial.
    I am applying for BSc Economics also, Bristol, Warwick, Nottingham, Durham and York.

ReputationRep:
    york

ReputationRep:
    If I got into York, I would go to York , it's a shame that I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i probs should of told you my course anyways my specific course choices are...
    York - Computer Systems and Software Engineering (5-year sandwich)
    Leeds - Computing (G401)
    Newcastle - Computing Science with Industrial Placement (Networked Systems and Internet Tech (G421)
    Although ive been accepted for these courses ive been assured by all unis that i can change when i start also and oppions about the courses...?

ReputationRep:

Do you mean 'cause it was a BA? You can pick up maths modules etc, when looking for a grad job, etc they look at the modules, even some BSc courses have less maths than some BAs. Discluding Oxford, etc of course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.