Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 little coats, the type that are only hip length, not particularly thick/warm and can hardly be called proper 'coats' as they don't even cover your bum, like this but in different styles. I went to the dry cleaners in town and they said they'd be £12 each :eek3:

Is that usual? It sounds really steep to me, it'd be like £60 in total! I could forget about cleaning them and just get a new coat for that :indiff:

Also, is there any chain store type places/supermarkets/whatever that do special deals that you know of?

Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    I have stuff that needs dry cleaning but luckily my boyfriend pays for it, and when I remember asking how much it was, it wasn't cheap.

http://www.johnsoncleaners.com/promotions/ - 10-20% off here if you have an NUS card.

ReputationRep:
    Yea... I generally think around a tenner for coats, so while 12 isn't cheap, it's not far off. Do they really all need dry cleaning? Maybe sponge and air instead...

ReputationRep:
    That's about right for the majority of places - my father is a dry cleaner. He does them for about £7 but he really is the exception (much to the disdain of all the other companies around us!). Avoid Johnson's, go for a local one, and visit a couple to compare the prices.

Edit: Just saw your link, and there's no way in hell that's a coat! Clearly a jacket. £12 is steep.

ReputationRep:
    Hello again, I don't know if anybody even cares but today I found out that Morrison's do dry cleaning! 4 items for £14 including coats and jackets

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.