Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Went to Malia last year and loved it. We all want to go somewhere different this year though and were thinking Ayia Napa

Is it similar to Malia? I liked how Malia was fairly small and all the hotels were near ... it would be good if it was like this again as there are quite a lot of us wanting to go and we may not be able to get the same place.

How does the nightlife compare? I liked how Malia lots of lively Bars and small clubs rather than massive ones that you have to pay to get into.

Someone who has been let me know what you think

x

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to Malia but been to Ayia Napa twice and going back there this summer. Napa's got lots more nightlife, it's a lot bigger. Like I say, I haven't been to Malia so can't compare it properly myself but know lots of people who have been to both.

ReputationRep:
    I've only been to Ayia Napa aswell and loved it! It's quite a big resort in terms of bars and clubs available (I've been to Tenerife and Magaluf aswell) but you don't have to pay ridicilous amounts to get into places. Prices out there are very expensive though, in terms of drinks. We were all inclusive so we didn't spend too much but you will need lots of spending money! It's a lovely place though - I'd definitely recommend it

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think drinks were too expensive out there really, only in the clubs. Just has the typical drinks deals like everywhere else. Normally 241 with free shots etc, about 4-5 Euro, went to Magaluf aswell and thought it was about the same.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I love Napa. Maybe it helps that its only an hours drive from where im staying for my gap year, but it has decent accommodation for a good price, and drinks arent too expensive either.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, some of the accommodation is so cheap. Staying at a really nice looking place this year and it's only come to £73 each for 11 nights, in 08 we got 2 weeks in apartments for £90 each too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle7)
    I've only been to Ayia Napa aswell and loved it! It's quite a big resort in terms of bars and clubs available (I've been to Tenerife and Magaluf aswell) but you don't have to pay ridicilous amounts to get into places. Prices out there are very expensive though, in terms of drinks. We were all inclusive so we didn't spend too much but you will need lots of spending money! It's a lovely place though - I'd definitely recommend it
    Where did you stay? And approximately how much was it? I'm thinking of going there with a friend this summer.

(Original post by hannahdaisy)
    Yep, some of the accommodation is so cheap. Staying at a really nice looking place this year and it's only come to £73 each for 11 nights, in 08 we got 2 weeks in apartments for £90 each too.

What is the name of the hotel?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of apartments out there will be that cheap if you look on the right websites. The Anthea Apartments were the cheap ones we stayed at last. Pretty loud but not bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Where did you stay? And approximately how much was it? I'm thinking of going there with a friend this summer.
    I stayed in the Thalassaki. It's a lovely hotel - pretty quiet and mainly families so it's good if you want to chill out in the day (we went in September though so it might be different in peak season) But it's still only about 10minutes (max) from the nightlife! It's not that close to the nice beach...there's a pebble one right by the hotel though. Also, if you're a fussy eater then you might struggle - the food is lovely but limited in choice. I think we paid about £500 all inclusive for the first week of September...but Cyprus is generally an expensive place to go!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.