Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to boarding school. I have no boundaries anymore.

Well, 15+.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the rule is divide by two, add seven ^^

ReputationRep:
    My bf is 7 months younger than me, but it puts him in the year below.
    It was a bit weird when he wasn't 18 and he couldn't come clubbing or go to the pub etc. Lol, but now it's fine.
    I say that... I moved out and we're not talking to eachother.
    But apart from that we've been going out for 20 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The English Kiwi)
    I believe the rule is divide by two, add seven ^^
    Damn, I'd best get with this 19 year old I fancy before my birthday in a few weeks time!

I do wonder who thought up these random "rules" though. I mean, why 7? Why not double your age and divide by 3? Or multiply by 0.75?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? If you click and it's legal, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Any girl who refuses to date someone because of their age is just dense. fortunately the people only refuse to date younger guys are those registered on tsr

joke.

ReputationRep:
    He better not be shorter than you as well...

ReputationRep:
    One year is nothing. Have fun and strike while the iron is hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    Damn, I'd best get with this 19 year old I fancy before my birthday in a few weeks time!

I do wonder who thought up these random "rules" though. I mean, why 7? Why not double your age and divide by 3? Or multiply by 0.75?
    double one's age and dividing by three equals two thirds. a 21yrold with a 14yrold is bloody caddish

ReputationRep:
    Most of the girls ive been with havebeen older. But to be fair i am quite mature. But i dont see any harm in it atall. If you are really into each other why care?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerset)
    double one's age and dividing by three equals two thirds. a 21yrold with a 14yrold is bloody caddish
    Indeed, but it happens.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is nearly 3 years younger than me. As long as you're both adults then go out with whoever you want.

Noone cares.

ReputationRep:
    If I want to go out with him that's fine. I wouldn't go out an find someone a year younger than me just because I wanted to though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmmmm.. I dont know if its just me then..personally I wouldnt go out with a boy younger than me unless he was VERY mature. I mean Im not talking about old mature...but I dont want them to act more childish then me.
    Depends what the guy is like then because really you could date someone 5 years older and they still be more immature than you

ReputationRep:
    There is no age difference in Love if you love him/her go for it and ignore all those people who says it's wrong. Cause it isnt.

Unless your like 96 and on your deathbed and planning to get engaged to a 18 year old girl/boy. No that's wrong....don't do it....cause that's not love.....cause if it is, we're screwed.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a problem in theory, but I find it very unlikely that I would meet a man a year younger than me (at this stage in my life) that I'd be compatible with. I find my boyfriend who's 6 1/2 years older than me to be too immature sometimes, even.

ReputationRep:
    If it's just a year I would do it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.