Turn on thread page Beta

relationship with a younger person (who is a guy) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I went to boarding school. I have no boundaries anymore.

Well, 15+.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the rule is divide by two, add seven ^^

ReputationRep:
    My bf is 7 months younger than me, but it puts him in the year below.
    It was a bit weird when he wasn't 18 and he couldn't come clubbing or go to the pub etc. Lol, but now it's fine.
    I say that... I moved out and we're not talking to eachother.
    But apart from that we've been going out for 20 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The English Kiwi)
    I believe the rule is divide by two, add seven ^^
    Damn, I'd best get with this 19 year old I fancy before my birthday in a few weeks time!

I do wonder who thought up these random "rules" though. I mean, why 7? Why not double your age and divide by 3? Or multiply by 0.75?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? If you click and it's legal, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Any girl who refuses to date someone because of their age is just dense. fortunately the people only refuse to date younger guys are those registered on tsr

joke.

ReputationRep:
    He better not be shorter than you as well...

ReputationRep:
    One year is nothing. Have fun and strike while the iron is hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    Damn, I'd best get with this 19 year old I fancy before my birthday in a few weeks time!

I do wonder who thought up these random "rules" though. I mean, why 7? Why not double your age and divide by 3? Or multiply by 0.75?
    double one's age and dividing by three equals two thirds. a 21yrold with a 14yrold is bloody caddish

ReputationRep:
    Most of the girls ive been with havebeen older. But to be fair i am quite mature. But i dont see any harm in it atall. If you are really into each other why care?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerset)
    double one's age and dividing by three equals two thirds. a 21yrold with a 14yrold is bloody caddish
    Indeed, but it happens.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is nearly 3 years younger than me. As long as you're both adults then go out with whoever you want.

Noone cares.

ReputationRep:
    If I want to go out with him that's fine. I wouldn't go out an find someone a year younger than me just because I wanted to though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmmmm.. I dont know if its just me then..personally I wouldnt go out with a boy younger than me unless he was VERY mature. I mean Im not talking about old mature...but I dont want them to act more childish then me.
    Depends what the guy is like then because really you could date someone 5 years older and they still be more immature than you

ReputationRep:
    There is no age difference in Love if you love him/her go for it and ignore all those people who says it's wrong. Cause it isnt.

Unless your like 96 and on your deathbed and planning to get engaged to a 18 year old girl/boy. No that's wrong....don't do it....cause that's not love.....cause if it is, we're screwed.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a problem in theory, but I find it very unlikely that I would meet a man a year younger than me (at this stage in my life) that I'd be compatible with. I find my boyfriend who's 6 1/2 years older than me to be too immature sometimes, even.

ReputationRep:
    If it's just a year I would do it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.