Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anybody else applied to do Psychology at Nottingham/Warwick?? My UCAS form was processed on 29th october and I still haven't heard anything from either of them yet. This wouldn't normally worry me but I know other people who have applied about the same time and already had offers - no1 with rejections yet though. Do they usually send of rejections later than offers, like save them all upto the end. Or could it be that they're not sure I'f im good enough for an offer so they've put me in a "maybe" pile until they get all the forms in.
    My predicted grades were ABB and although this is what both unis are asking for loads of people have applied with AAA/AAB.
    Is anyone else in the same situation or have applied for Psychology at Notts or Warwick in previous years??

ReputationRep:
    same position, different course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    same position, different course

me too, economics at nottingham

to original poster, don't worry about it...I have heard that universites send the acceptance lettersout first and have also heard they send the rejection letters out first :confused: ...i suppose it is natural to worry, but dont look into these things too much

ReputationRep:
    Hey Riz, I'm in the same position for Durham and York... I know a few people on here have had offers from both of them for psychology. Perhaps some universities give out offers to those that they'd definitely give out offers to and wait until the UCAS deadline to see if they get any more good applicants before making decisions for, for example, you and I.
    There are definite reasons for why Durham and York would reject me, despite the fact that I have been predicted two A's and an A/B. I only did three AS levels for a start!

ReputationRep:
    You already know mine, lol. I got my offer to study psychology @ Notts on Nov. 14th. IB 35 points.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is one of the slowest universities to reply! As a current student there Ive heard tutors say they have A LOT of applicants to go through.

Psychology is a bit hit and miss and I feel for anyone who has applied with good grades to do it at Nottingham. One of my friends said that her psychology tutor stated

"we had too many applications with AAA or more so we randomly rejected over half of them - unfair but it would have been impossible to have met UCAS deadlines"

ReputationRep:
    i got a rejection from warwick a couple of days before xmas and was heartbroken....that uni is made for me!! i swear it!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Nottingham around the 17th December for Psychology & Cognitive Neuroscience and my UCAS form went off at the start of October- so hang on in there!

ReputationRep:
    Well i got rejected by Nottingham and an offer from Warwick so there we go Not too bothered as Warwick's offer was BBB and Nottinghams would have been ABB probably so I would have chosen Warwick over Notts as my first choice anyway....rejection still hurts though!!!!

ReputationRep:
    is that you applied to Nottingham and Warwick, and you'd have choosen Warwick above Nottingham anyway due to the fact that their offer would have been higher (now, unless this is due to you allready having a first choice elsewhere so you need something with a lower offer for insurance naturally) .... now the reason I ask is because I wanted to apply to Warwick and NManchester, but in the TImes this year they were BOTH RANKED JOINT 50th place for psychology, Nottingham as we all know was top, so whats the deal with Warwick in particular, as it seems a very popular choice for Psychology on this forum even though it was 50th as far as I recall, which is what put me off....

shame, I'd have liked to go to Warwick/Manchester, but their placing seemed too low in comparison to the other places I applied to, even though THEY weren't neccesarily the HIGHEST (bar Nottingham) ?!

(Lancaster, Leicester, Loughboro, Reading, Royal Holloway)

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, I also have an offer from Lancaster (ABB) and am considering choosing them over Warwick because they are so much higher for Psychology. Thing Is I really like Warwick and it's atompshere and If I do ever decide not to go into professional Psychoolgy or I don't get aplace on the courses then a degree from Warwick will still look very good.
    Warwick's general rep = better than Lancasters.
    Lancaster's rep for Psychology = better than Warwicks.
    This is my problem!!!!

ReputationRep:
    psychology as an occupation ....

But I'd still choose a place thats good in both overall league table and the psychology one, because if the place is bad at teaching psychology then you are less likely to get a good degree there....i.e. 1st or 2:1 from somewhere unknown is better than coming away with a 2:2 from a REALLY WELL RESPECTED UNI isn't it in reality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ole1973)
    psychology as an occupation ....

But I'd still choose a place thats good in both overall league table and the psychology one, because if the place is bad at teaching psychology then you are less likely to get a good degree there....i.e. 1st or 2:1 from somewhere unknown is better than coming away with a 2:2 from a REALLY WELL RESPECTED UNI isn't it in reality
    Certainly is. Warwick.........Lancaster....... ....Warwick...........Lancaster.

Which one will it be????? Arghhhhhhhhhhhh......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Certainly is. Warwick.........Lancaster....... ....Warwick...........Lancaster.

Which one will it be????? Arghhhhhhhhhhhh......
    Have you been to look around Lancaster? It didn't appeal to me for psych at all...but I haven't been to look around Warwick so I can't really compare.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.