Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey, I'm a second year student and there has been this girl in my class. It's a large course and in the first year everything was new and so on so I didn't even recognise her much, I barely remember her from the first year. Now we've been together in two tutorials and she's a quiet person but I started to find her attractive. I'm shy as well so I needed some time to even think of talking to her. Last week, we were staying next to each other in a shop by accident. I did start talking to her and she was quite open and nice and much less shy than I expected. Then we talked again on Monday for a couple of minutes and once more today after we met - by accident, once again. She started telling me random things about herself, what she's currently doing and this and that. I'd almost call it bubbly. I like her, she's smart and looks nice.

I was very brave and asked her if she wanted to have a coffee with me later this week and she accepted. Now I've started to think where the difference between being nice/kind and being interested enough to get to know someone better, is. She's not meeting me just to be friends, is she? How can I tell? How fast could I show her that I'm interested in more?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you meet up with her then make follow up plans for Valentines weekend? That way you will find out if she's single and interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, I'm a second year student and there has been this girl in my class. It's a large course and in the first year everything was new and so on so I didn't even recognise her much, I barely remember her from the first year. Now we've been together in two tutorials and she's a quiet person but I started to find her attractive. I'm shy as well so I needed some time to even think of talking to her. Last week, we were staying next to each other in a shop by accident. I did start talking to her and she was quite open and nice and much less shy than I expected. Then we talked again on Monday for a couple of minutes and once more today after we met - by accident, once again. She started telling me random things about herself, what she's currently doing and this and that. I'd almost call it bubbly. I like her, she's smart and looks nice.

I was very brave and asked her if she wanted to have a coffee with me later this week and she accepted. Now I've started to think where the difference between being nice/kind and being interested enough to get to know someone better, is. She's not meeting me just to be friends, is she? How can I tell? How fast could I show her that I'm interested in more?
    I dunno... A girl doesn't usually meet up with a guy alone and unless she is A) Interested B)feels so comfortable around you in there intial meet.

We are both in similiar situations, I too have recently met a girl.. however she Text'd me, Minutes before I was considering texting her - It was sooo weird, so I'd like to assume she is thinking about me? then when I phoned her because she actually came across as nervous and eventually asked me if we should see some theatre, hmmm I thought i was playing the girl.... I think she's interested, let us know how it goes bro... & I second the Pre date & Valentines date... I mean cmon, what better time to start a relationship than on that day, plus it's romantic.

You're right. I should wait and see how the reacts and maybe hold her hand when the moment is right to see if she's comfortable with it. if she is, a formal date would be a good idea.

Girls, if you're at least a bit shy but then see this guy and smile broadly and start talking to him every time you seem him and are sharing some information about your everyday life, though you don't know him yet... are you just kind or interested in getting to know him better? And if the first half an hour or so you spent with him go well, would you like to be asked to have a dinner or go to the cinema or do some stuff a few days later?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.