Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Sorry, if there is already a thread for this. But I've only jst joined and I'm a little worried.

I've applied to some Uni's for september and I'm really excited about this. Some of the grades needed tp get are tough - like for Leicster Ineed ABB, which i doubt I'll get. I really want to do geography. I've been predicted an A which is good. I also found out that Derby is really good gor geography and out of the Uni's ive chosen that is the one i really want to go to, as it's also not too far from home, so i can comeback and visit often. However, the grade boudaries for Derby is 200-240. I dont some calculations of what I'm gonna get. And even if I mess up I may still be over 240. Does this mean I wont get into Derby?

Thanks
    And sorry if there's already a thread like this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand. The grade requirement is a minimum - if you get over it then they'll still let you in.

ReputationRep:
    It means they'll make you an offer of somewhere around 200-240 points. The offer you get will be the minimum required number of points you'll have to achieve to get in. You can't get 'too many' points...

ReputationRep:
    They're not going to reject someone because the person is TOO academically good for the course. Its in their interest to have the best they can get.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry- it only means an offer would be between 200-240 points.

They won't refuse you the place if you've exceeded your offer!

ReputationRep:
    ohh right thanks
    It's just my friend said you had to get between those points. and I got so confused. I was like " why wouldnt they offer it to you anyway??" But she seemed really sure that I wouldn't get in and that didn't make sense to me, and then i worried lol. Probs to just wind me up, lol
    Thank you
    That's great.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.