Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on Woodland Court? What's it like there? There isn't much info about there up on the website so I'm a bit curious.
    Also, the pricing has gone up so much this year looks like I'm going to be a poor student haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosh92)
    Any thoughts on Woodland Court? What's it like there? There isn't much info about there up on the website so I'm a bit curious.
    Also, the pricing has gone up so much this year looks like I'm going to be a poor student haha
    looks nice from the outside and is about 5mins from uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosh92)
    My friend was staying at Woodland Court this year and she seemed to love it - I chose as my first choice because its en-suite and close to the uni, the price has gone up quite significantly from last year though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    looks nice from the outside and is about 5mins from uni
    Cheers man, appreciate the help. I visited Richmond Terrace on the open day and loved it so I'm stuck between Woodland Court and Richmond Terrace for my first choice. I gather Woodland court is closer to uni than Richmond Terrace and it's a bit cheaper too.
    Does anyone know if Woodland court is similar internally to Richmond Terrace? =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolutionnaire)
    My friend was staying at Woodland Court this year and she seemed to love it - I chose as my first choice because its en-suite and close to the uni, the price has gone up quite significantly from last year though
    Yeah, I'm thinking of choosing it as first choice for those reasons too! Stuck between there and Richmond Terrace though :/ ahh confusion

ReputationRep:
    This is such an amusing thread.

So what did everyone put down as 1st and 2nd on their accommodation application?

ReputationRep:
    I chose Wills first cus it looks like Harry Potter

ReputationRep:
    The answer is no. Each hall has its blend of horrible *****, nice people, and more horrible *****. A bit like a microcosm of today's society. If you want to live in a hall full of drunken idiots go to UWE, and leave you medic aspirations behind. (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpygott)
    It doesn't look like anybody whos actually currently in stoke bishop has written about the halls?

So...

The motion of the night bus from stoke bishop to town and back was not passed at this years agm - there will never be a bus!

However, the motion was passed to rename the agm to 'SHAGFEST'

The distance isnt really an issue, and a bus just down whiteladies is £1.85 which is outrageous, if you fill a taxi its £2 all the way to the city centre.

I am currently at Durdham and its nice but the sound travels about so much! The Quad layout makes the sound bounce about so if you have a party its not long before somebody comes knocking on the door - the kitchens are huge though! The people are nice, the only thing I'd say is that Wills are definitely the strictest with regards to noise etc (and it is full of rahs, the only people that say its not are people from wills!).

People from UH seem alright and the Hiatt baker lot are mad :eek3: . Its like a prison though. The rooms here at durdham Id say are nicest (according to everybody else thats seen it) and i'd probably pick it again.

Nobody really runs around like a loony because as somebody else said, its doesn't help you pass! It also seems to end up costing money in some kind of fine lol

Man up and walk, its good for you : ) Just make sure you have an iPod!
    How much does it cost if you take a taxi alone from Wills to uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.