Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, why? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly_Wabbit)
    I want to be Max Power...

Not really, I love the individuality of my current name and wouldn't change it for the world!
    SIMPSONS!!

ReputationRep:
    No, not really.

It's Hugh - I used to hate it when I was a kid but it's grown on me. I couldn't picture myself as any other name, anyway.

As for my surname . . . I might. If I ever got married, I'd like to go double-barrelled if it works better, but I may change it before then anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly_Wabbit)
    I want to be Max Power...

Not really, I love the individuality of my current name and wouldn't change it for the world!
    That was the name of an old supply teacher's brother at my old school! And the supply teacher's first name was Will... go figure :rolleyes:

Rumour has it they had a sister called Flower, but that is, as of yet, unconfirmed.

ReputationRep:
    For you guys:
    http://www.seventhsanctum.com/genera...me=monstername

Our names are given to us by God. However, because I have turned against God, I no longer have a name.
    - Scar, "Full Metal Alchemist"

"I was born in a town that was straight out of a fairytale. I held the hand of my other half and walked. There were only two like us. We didn't have names..." - Johann Liebert

(Sorry for this geeky quotes- it has to be done, being an anime fan)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Wha why?What is it?
    Gosia xD

ReputationRep:
    I changed my name.

It was more because I didn't want to live in the shadow of my grandfather's namesake. I now have my religious name which I like. Though Ill be ****** in airports. lol

ReputationRep:
    My last name is so common in my subcontinent. As a matter of fact, because of this very reason my previous last name was Amer.But then when I went to Australia it created so much confusion because my last name was not same as my dad's, he ended up making it the same as his. Now a few million people share my last name.

I know you people are talking about firstnames but I feel the surname is more important since when im all grown up people will refer to me as Mr. [Surname]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Gris)
    I have. I still want to. Why? I believe that a name should be of meaning to its bearer and mine only has meaning to whoever decided I had to be called *insert name here* and means absolutely nothing to me. I don't know what I'm going to change my name to but when I do, it sure as hell is gonna mean something to me.
    I can't imagine being called anything else now. Besides, I quite like my name

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I like my name. Its indvidual, has good nicknames and yeh, I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKent)
    yes, to one of these: http://www.cracked.com/article_14982...-in-world.html
    That's fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Gosia xD
    Awww that's a nice name:o:

Exotic

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but not sure it would be worth the hassle. I don't particularly like my name (Emma), as it's unbelievably common- I was one of four Emmas in my primary school class! To be honest though, my name isn't that important to me. If people call me the wrong name by mistake (Emily, Anna etc) I tend not to correct them. I go by alternative names (nothing too out there) on different internet sites/when I'm among strangers sometimes. My friends generally call me by their own individual pet names or nicknames for me, so my name varies from person to person. :p: I like that, I think it has more meaning. Come to think of it, I honestly don't feel connected to or defined by my name.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I'd want to change my name would be if I became a composer and even then I'd probably just write under a pseudonym rather than actually change my name.

ReputationRep:
    I changed my surname.
    I mixed my dad's and mum's surname to make a new name

ReputationRep:
    I've considered it (not seriously) because there are two of us with exactly the same name in the CU at uni. It makes it really confusing when signing up to things. I have to put "first year" or "jnr" or similar after my name so they can tell it's me =/

ReputationRep:
    I want to change my name. Probably into a latin one, and start my own legacy :cool: then my hundred or so offspring will carry the name, and their offspring will carry the name, and so on...
    There will come a time after many generations when I'll be recognised as the founding father of an established cast :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Awww that's a nice name:o:

Exotic
    Yeah :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea but I very much doubt it's something I'd ever fuss with.
    I don't like the way my name and my surname look when written down together. Odd, I know, but it's just so bland, the letters look all wrong. Too many Y's. Lucy is fine as a name - but as a part of my whole name I just don't like it. I guess that might be a problem solved if I ever get married to someone with a more pleasant surname though. I also really dislike the way my first and middle names flow, though I rarely use my middle name on anything now. "Lucy Ann" sounds like it ought to be a hill-billy name to me.

ReputationRep:
    SIMPSONS!!
    - "There's the wrong way, the right way or the Max Power way."

- "Isn't that just the wrong way?"

- "Yes, but quicker!"

ReputationRep:
    i dont really like my name. But i still wouldnt change it because everyone knows me by it now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.