Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am curious can you request what computer you go for? I use mac's at home... are you able to request them? because i don't like using windows. If so which one's would you get? I would be *hopefully* asking for an iMac..... or would i have to put some extra money towards that? [i only have one system at home, i share it with my family]

or am i just asking too much lol?

I have an Ed Pshc Report, severely dyslexic, dyscalculia, irlins, dyspraxic.. and some other in my report which i cannot remember.

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    NO! They decide. You can of course talk about what you think would be beneficial but they get the final decision.

ReputationRep:
    None of the operating system is used. Its just a program where you click answers etc.

It would be the same on PC or Mac

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    NO! They decide. You can of course talk about what you think would be beneficial but they get the final decision.
    Okay thanks, just the answer i was looking for! having a nice quad
    core is allways beneficial! :rolleyes:....

ReputationRep:
    Be prepared to back up whatever you say though, they take in lots of applications so they won't be easily duped.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that they decide what you get, but if you wish to 'upgrade' so to speak, you can pay the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    Be prepared to back up whatever you say though, they take in lots of applications so they won't be easily duped.
    Will do mate. Im wont be trying to dupe them. I've got plenty of proof so i should be allright..... My cousen got it, and he doesn't have dyslexia as bad as me, so hopefully i will be able to get it.

Are the interviews rigerous??

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I believe that they decide what you get, but if you wish to 'upgrade' so to speak, you can pay the difference.
    Awesome, thats useful. thanks mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy66)
    Not as such, no. I just got what my problems are and what help I have received during school and college. I did also try out various pieves of equipment - most of which I wouldn't have thought of. (scanner, for example)

ReputationRep:
    cool cheers for that info... it sounds like, er, fun lol. That's cool.. i hope i get that stuff.. I know it's pretty bad at the moment...

I've got the fun job of photocopying the report tomoro, uni is asking to have a look at it now, i assume to see if they can support me through the course. Dyscalculate doing a conservation degree... (good choise!) lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jammy66)
    Aw I love the way you're so worried about it. My assessor was really nice, she let me have rest breaks and stuff and showed me everything and let me ask questions.

They do go into detail, but that's so they can recommend the stuff that's best for you.

ReputationRep:
    It's nothing to worry about. It wasn't (for me anyway) an interview as such. It was more like a chat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Aw I love the way you're so worried about it. My assessor was really nice, she let me have rest breaks and stuff and showed me everything and let me ask questions.

They do go into detail, but that's so they can recommend the stuff that's best for you.
    lol thanks, never usually a fan of intervews lol. oh that doesnt sound too bad, just like when i was having the ed psyc assessment... leist they explain everything.

(Original post by Titch89)
    It's nothing to worry about. It wasn't (for me anyway) an interview as such. It was more like a chat?
    cool, i like the sound of that.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.