Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Depressed about my A level grade.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    McDonalds will hire you, at least you have that as a positive.
    A little cruel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappySadHappy)
    So I am supposed to not be upset by it because there are people suffering worse? Remember that the next time you complain about something!...

i cannot resit it as i said above, and I was just asking for advice really, not for you to feel sorry for me..
    I have read the above and you can resit the whole A level if needs be. I try to. Advice - do well in the other three and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel better, I'll beat your D with my U that I got in AS Biology last year Yeah, I am really ashamed by it, and since it's not classed as a grade I can't even declare it on UCAS (which is good in a way), but I just dropped it in favour of doing better subjects for me. OP, it's a shame about your D, I know how you feel, but like others have said, just work hard in your other subjects to get good grades in them. Chin up, and I hope all goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all help x

ReputationRep:
    If you can get good grades in your other 3, it makes the D pretty unnoticable, I had a D but my other 3 were decent grades.

UCAS only considers your top 3 anyways I think so it's all good from this perspective.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be lying if you said you didn't have an alevel in biology. The point is that you studied the subject for two years not that you spent 6 hours proving your knowledge during your exams. Your grades are not the most important part of your education.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am in year 13 at 6th form now, I had to do yr 12 twice because I wanted to totally change some subjects I was doing.. I was happy that whilst re-doing my year 12 though, the timetable allowed me to continue to A2 with the Biology A level I had started and had wanted to carry on. So last year, I was doing 3 AS's and my A2 Biology..

When I got my results though, I hadn't done that well and I only got an overall D in my Biology A level...Its too late to retake as it was the old spec

Ive been left with the feeling that a D at A level can't really mean you have an A level as it's a pretty sh*t grade.. It is only just a pass so I cannot really claim that I am that educated in this subject can I? This was my fav subject once too!

I aim to finish this yr and go on to uni..but will I really be able to tell ppl I have an A level in Biology when all I got in it was a lousy D?

Thanks in advance
    I got 5As (all A*s) in AS and 4As (all A*s) in A2. I'm at Cambridge now. Thought that might help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    I got 5As (all A*s) in AS and 4As (all A*s) in A2. I'm at Cambridge now. Thought that might help.
    And they say that the exams are getting easier. Maddddnnnneeessss

ReputationRep:
    You could have retaken it this Jan, I have with some of my A level modules and im old spec.

ReputationRep:
    When I got my AS grades I was severely disapointed with myself too, I just sat at home and cried. I got an E for Biology, that's worse than what you got.

But seriously, a D is not the end of the world, nothing to be ashamed about. Be thankful that you at least have an education.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am in year 13 at 6th form now, I had to do yr 12 twice because I wanted to totally change some subjects I was doing.. I was happy that whilst re-doing my year 12 though, the timetable allowed me to continue to A2 with the Biology A level I had started and had wanted to carry on. So last year, I was doing 3 AS's and my A2 Biology..

When I got my results though, I hadn't done that well and I only got an overall D in my Biology A level...Its too late to retake as it was the old spec

Ive been left with the feeling that a D at A level can't really mean you have an A level as it's a pretty sh*t grade.. It is only just a pass so I cannot really claim that I am that educated in this subject can I? This was my fav subject once too!

I aim to finish this yr and go on to uni..but will I really be able to tell ppl I have an A level in Biology when all I got in it was a lousy D?

Thanks in advance

Hey,

dont be so hard on yourself, were not all naturaly good at Biology (me included).

Look on the bright side, you have still got your other subjects. In my opinion Uni is overrated, but it depends on you!

Hope I could help..

p.s (i got an E in my AS Biology)

PLEASE do not dwell too much. I know how aggravating it can get worrying about things in the past. Chin up, and try to advance in your studies as a 'D' in Biology is NOT the end of the world. Good luck and I guarantee, 5 years on NO ONE will hold a stupid D grade against you.

ReputationRep:
    Once you get into the real world you'll realise how insignificant A-levels are and how silly you were for getting upset over them

The only thing they do is get you into university. Even if you ended up with a D in all 4 subjects, you'd still end up with 240 UCAS points, which is more than enough to get you into a half-decent one.

Employers quite literally do not give a monkey's about A-levels. I sit near a lot of the top-level people at my company so I overhear all the application/recruitment discussion. Degree, loyalty and personality (and a well-written CV) are the only things they care about.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.