Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else confused about the dress code?

ReputationRep:
    yes!! someone should ring up and ask! my interview is the 5th

ReputationRep:
    a bit, think il ring em up at somepoint. whens ur interview?
    So badly want an offer frm leeds!!!! top choice 4 sure

edit: also is anyone going down the nite before?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the dress code is for students at the dental school. I think we can still wear suits and whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O_RLY?)
    I'm pretty sure the dress code is for students at the dental school. I think we can still wear suits and whatnot.
    Thats what i thought but wondered why they told us about it.. when it doesnt apply to us.

My interview's on the 17th, leeds is definately my first choice!
    Does anyone know the interview/offer ratio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mstrkrft92)
    Thats what i thought but wondered why they told us about it.. when it doesnt apply to us.

My interview's on the 17th, leeds is definately my first choice!
    Does anyone know the interview/offer ratio?
    I calculated the chances of getting a place after interview are about 42% if I remember properly..

ReputationRep:
    last year they gave out about 400 interviews and 175 offers so its closer to 44% ... not that it makes much difference

ReputationRep:
    I phoned them and they said the dress code doesnt apply to us, Its just warning you of what's expected of you if they give you an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina89)
    I phoned them and they said the dress code doesnt apply to us, Its just warning you of what's expected of you if they give you an offer
    Ok thank you when's your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't someone in that big thread say this year it's going to be 380 interviews and 120 offers?

ReputationRep:
    My interview is the 26th...so nervous I really would like a place at Leeds! 44% though ughh. I think we have done well to get an interview though, almost everyone i have spoken to has applied to Leeds!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what type of interview it is at Leeds? Like formal etc.

Scaryyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woozeybear)
    Anyone know what type of interview it is at Leeds? Like formal etc.

Scaryyy
    Been told that its quite formal, 3 people on the pannel including 1 student, and thats its pretty intense!!! got mine really soon! scarry :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prodigy92)
    Been told that its quite formal, 3 people on the pannel including 1 student, and thats its pretty intense!!! got mine really soon! scarry :woo:
    Aww when is yours? There was a panel of 3 at Sheffield which I didn't like..uh oh..hopefully they can at least smile! Good luck with your iv

read your above post I'm going the night before cos it's less panicy and I'll know I can definatelybget there on time lol - but that's probably just me lol

ReputationRep:
    Aww when is yours? There was a panel of 3 at Sheffield which I didn't like..uh oh..hopefully they can at least smile! Good luck with your iv

read your above post I'm going the night before cos it's less panicy and I'll know I can definitelybget there on time lol - but that's probably just me lol
    same, night before is the way foward!!! got mine on the 5th! and thanks u two

also do you recon just a standard black suit would be ok? The dress code in the letter is v. confusing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prodigy92)
    same, night before is the way foward!!! got mine on the 5th! and thanks u two

also do you recon just a standard black suit would be ok? The dress code in the letter is v. confusing!!!
    Yeah that should be alright the letter is confusing lol good luckkkk!! Let us know how it goes mine is the 9th :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icing)
    last year they gave out about 400 interviews and 175 offers so its closer to 44% ... not that it makes much difference
    hey what time is your intervieww? good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina89)
    oh thats good! i was worried they may make us do an excersise or something, like to test our manual dexterity that is why they are telling us to wear those clothing! phewww thankyou and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you when's your interview?
    This Friday- Super scared! none of my interviews have gone well!

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone else think of their interview?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.