Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Biological Science at Reading, but is the social life there good?

I want to get a "someone who has experienced it view," not what the prospectus says.

Answer form current Reading students would be good, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Biological Science at Reading, is there anything wrong with the course at Reading?

Whats the social life like? is there a lot to do, go, etc?

Thanks.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 11Townson)
    I've applied for Biological Science at Reading, is there anything wrong with the course at Reading?

Thanks.
    You know...The search button is actually very useful. Or even just scroll down the page.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Biological Science at Reading, but is the social life there good?

I want to get a "someone who has experienced it view," not what the prospectus says.

Answer form current Reading students would be good, thanks.
    Most people here seem happy with it.

Whilst there aren't any big clubs here like Oceana, there is a fair variety of different music on different nights - Indie at Q-Club / Propaganda, your generic pop at the Union, other places also do dubstep, electro, and there's a new 'emo' night starting up.

As I said though, people enjoy it, because there's something for everyone.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Thanks.
    Thanks for the neg rep ;D

Shame it was worth 0.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. If you're from a small town you'll probably find it fun. However, if you're from a large city you'll find it terrible. There's only so many places you can go before you get bored ********. Things get repetitive quite quickly. The bars and clubs themselves are overpriced, close relatively early, and play pretty **** music. If I remember correctly, the prospectus hammers away the point that the university is in walking distance to the town centre, but that's not true. Look it up the area on Google maps to see for yourself.

It's alright I guess. It's not OMG SPECTACULAR but you'll get by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invocation)
    If I remember correctly, the prospectus hammers away the point that the university is in walking distance to the town centre, but that's not true. Look it up the area on Google maps to see for yourself.
    It only takes about 20 minutes to walk into town =0

ReputationRep:
    Takes me about 30-40 minutes but then again I'm at the Wessex/Bridges hall side of campus so I think it depends on where you are. The number 17 bus comes so often that I just get the bus anyway I'm guessing it must take ages from Sibly, unless there is a short cut I know nothing about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sing-in-silence)
    Takes me about 30-40 minutes but then again I'm at the Wessex/Bridges hall side of campus so I think it depends on where you are. The number 17 bus comes so often that I just get the bus anyway I'm guessing it must take ages from Sibly, unless there is a short cut I know nothing about.
    Even worse from Bulmershe I bet o.o I'm in Sherfield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rinn)
    Even worse from Bulmershe I bet o.o I'm in Sherfield
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Bulmershe. I'm so glad I didn't end up there, or have any lectures there, although the halls sound quite nice there. Tis a shame they got rid of the shuttle bus.

ReputationRep:
    From Bulmershe it is probably a 40 minute walk but can get a bus anyway to town. From campus it should take about 20 minutes to walk to town.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.