Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for biomedical sceinces at birmingham, aston, kings college and warwick and am yet to recive anything in terms of offer. i got a invitaion from birmingham for an open day so that they can consider giving me an offer. is this normal?
    my AS grades are ABB/b
    predicted grades are AAB
    I do biology maths and chemistry
    I did year 12 again since I didn't do too well on it first time.
    I assume this is a big turn off for them?
    I applied somewhere around 20th December. I received an acknowledgement letter from Warwick but am yet to get a reply. a lot of my friends who are doing courses such as biochemistry and biological sciences have already got offers from similar unis.
    thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just be patient. You've got loads of time yet. I have not got anything either. I'm applying for Optometry and Medical Science. I applied in early November. I only have 3 acknowledgments. I'm just trying to be patient. No news is good news as they actually will be considering you. Just look at it like that.

ReputationRep:
    When I applied for biomed last year (as a third year student) I sent my application at the end of october. It wasn't till late january/ early febuary that warwick gave me an offer. If they haven't mentioned that a third year is a problem then you're OK. I got offers from all 5 of my uni's and am now at the university of Manchester.
    With Birmingham I had to attend an open day before they would give me an offer so I would say it's a pretty standard thing.
    If you want to know anything else just give me a shout. I applied to Manchester, Warwick, Birmingham, Surrey and Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    I did Biomed at UCL and they gave me an open day. Actually i HAD to go if I wanted to be considered a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amh)
    When I applied for biomed last year (as a third year student) I sent my application at the end of october. It wasn't till late january/ early febuary that warwick gave me an offer. If they haven't mentioned that a third year is a problem then you're OK. I got offers from all 5 of my uni's and am now at the university of Manchester.
    With Birmingham I had to attend an open day before they would give me an offer so I would say it's a pretty standard thing.
    If you want to know anything else just give me a shout. I applied to Manchester, Warwick, Birmingham, Surrey and Southampton.
    awesome thanks...wat grades did u get in the end? and what do you plan to do after the 3 year course?

ReputationRep:
    Don't do Biomed, you'll regret it. It's ****.

ReputationRep:
    I got ABB and intend to go onto some form of medical research, most likely within the pharmaceutical industry. The great thing about Manchester's course is it's flexability as I don't have to stay on biomed if I don't want to. I'm also on the year in industry programme which is well worth a look into if the university you end up at offers it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 22, 2010

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.