Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure where to begin, but will give it a go.
    Been with my bf for nearly a year now and i have met his family, which consist of his mum and his nan. We have probaly been up to see his mum about 4 or so times since we started going out in feb 09.

it was nice at first, but for the past 2 times we have gone up there, she had completely put me and him down, saying we wont last long, that he is lazy (after he has done a 6 or so drive up there and wants to sleep) and that i shouldnt be with him. i have tried to talk to her, say that its our decision to be in this relationship and i love him to bits, but she doesnt listen.
    at xmas we went up and said that i deserve better then him

I love him to bits, he has helped me out so much already and been there for me, i just dont want to seem like im being a pain of a gf when im at his mums u know?

Anyone can help?

ReputationRep:
    Not much you can do. Sounds like her problem is with her son, not you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, she thinks you're too good for your bf... whats the problem. She must have taken quite a liking to you.

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Lol, she thinks you're too good for your bf... whats the problem. She must have taken quite a liking to you.
    all parents think that
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    There isn't much you can do really - at least she doesn't hate you! It's up to him to prove to her that he's worthy of you. I actually wonder if she is trying to be nice and welcoming to you and just being a bit cackhanded about it. Don't stress too much about it, if you are together for a while it should get easier.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.