The Student Room Group

problems with bf's mum

Not really sure where to begin, but will give it a go.
Been with my bf for nearly a year now :smile: and i have met his family, which consist of his mum and his nan. We have probaly been up to see his mum about 4 or so times since we started going out in feb 09.

it was nice at first, but for the past 2 times we have gone up there, she had completely put me and him down, saying we wont last long, that he is lazy :frown: (after he has done a 6 or so drive up there and wants to sleep) and that i shouldnt be with him. i have tried to talk to her, say that its our decision to be in this relationship and i love him to bits, but she doesnt listen.
at xmas we went up and said that i deserve better then him

I love him to bits, he has helped me out so much already and been there for me, i just dont want to seem like im being a pain of a gf when im at his mums u know?

Anyone can help?
Reply 1
Not much you can do. Sounds like her problem is with her son, not you.
Reply 2
Lol, she thinks you're too good for your bf... whats the problem. She must have taken quite a liking to you.
Reply 3
lol thanks :smile:
Reply 4
n0c0ntr0l
Lol, she thinks you're too good for your bf... whats the problem. She must have taken quite a liking to you.

all parents think that
Reply 5
There isn't much you can do really - at least she doesn't hate you! :wink: It's up to him to prove to her that he's worthy of you. I actually wonder if she is trying to be nice and welcoming to you and just being a bit cackhanded about it. Don't stress too much about it, if you are together for a while it should get easier.

Latest

Trending

Trending