Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Stabs mum, then goes to play CS at internet cafe watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://allaboutthegames.co.uk/featur...ticle_id=10101

At least this time it wasn't a Russian gone crazy.

Anyone else notice how they're selling the game to the right of that story? :teehee:

If you are concerned about your kids and the amount of time they spend playing games, we recommend you head on over to Microsoft's helpful family page
    LOL.

Looks like they're going to be blaming video games again.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's the videogames' fault. I mean, 20 years ago I hear they had major problems with people jumping on turtles and hopping down pipes.

//EDIT: Just noticed: "Experts have commented that the nature of the crime (17 stabs) is indicative of mental health problems." - this is how to get away with murder!

ReputationRep:
    12 years for murder?! I'd have thought Russia of all places would have harsher sentences.

That's still more than you get in this country, though.

ReputationRep:
    maybe i's just coincidence that he went to an internet cafe after to play CS, just for whatever reason...

ReputationRep:
    Did he right click?

ReputationRep:
    What was his kill:death ratio?

ReputationRep:
    maybe he was practising for CS his knife match?? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    maybe i's just coincidence that he went to an internet cafe after to play CS, just for whatever reason...
    The supervisor of the internet cafe noted that Ionut would come in all the time and play Counter-Strike quietly alone, with a hood over his head.
    He was a regular, obviously he never found out he could use right click to stab instead of slashing 17 times.
    EDIT: Maybe his mother didn't have her back to him.

ReputationRep:
    Are you all reading this you Korean StarCraft players & WoW players?

ReputationRep:
    Well looking at that news..that kid must have been a complete newbie at CS. Why do i say this? 1) Any clever person would know their result of action like this will result in a long term of no CS gameplay. 2) Well, he just did the most absurd thing over a game.

Sympathy goes to the adoptive parents.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like he certainly counter-struck her. :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :sigh::getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    He should have pressed pause and then restarted the level.

ReputationRep:
    I guess he lost the match it would of been more funny if it was call of duty modern warfare related. Spetnatz win, knife streak the puns are endless

And yay to russian kid just proving russians don't take **** when they have things to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    What was his kill:death ratio?
    LOLOLOLOL

I think he used Ninja and marathon Pro, probably the tactical knife too

ReputationRep:
    Humiliation!

ReputationRep:
    Hitler and Ghengis Khan played video games y'know.

ReputationRep:
    Ionut Silviu Savin, who is known to be dependant on video games, stabbed his adoptive parent 17 times before leaving to play Counter-Strike at a local internet cafe.
    Hilarious wording but a pitiful situation nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    lazy *******! Seriously play CSS 24/7 some days if you want, but if you want to..get a job and pay for the internet yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowleya)
    12 years for murder?! I'd have thought Russia of all places would have harsher sentences.

That's still more than you get in this country, though.

I do believe your mistaken.

Minimum 15 year sentence for murder here. You can get a partial defence of Diminished Responsibility or Provocation and have it reduced to Voluntary Manslaughter, but even then you would likely get 15 years at least.

Story is BS. It might as well say 'water drinker kills' for all the relevance it has.

ReputationRep:
    Counter-Strike is a killer, like that Asian guy who played it 3 days non-stop and died of exhaustion.

Ban it! :mob:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.