Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Keep getting a silly bipolar girl trying to add me on Facebook watch

ReputationRep:
    My privacy settings only allow FRIENDS to find me in a search. HOW CAN SHE KEEP FINDING ME TO ADD ME? She is not on my friend list.

When I block her, it's fine. However, when she is unblocked, she then adds me again.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

I was once tagged in one of her photos by a mutual friend (but I removed the tag), so this surely can't be the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I think that anyone on the same network as you can see your profile, regardless of privacy settings?? That may be utter bull though

There is software that allows you to see peoples profiles :ninja: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clens)
    I think that anyone on the same network as you can see your profile, regardless of privacy settings?? That may be utter bull though

There is software that allows you to see peoples profiles :ninja: :ninja:
    If I choose to not appear in search results, then I am invisible on the whole site, yeah?

If I comment on one of my friends' status, then my name appears black and unclickable to everybody else who might look on my friend's profile, as well as a silhouette instead of my profile picture.

That's what the privacy settings used to be like, please don't tell me they have changed. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    How do I hide my friend list from prying eyes?

Please someone help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    My privacy settings only allow FRIENDS to find me in a search. HOW CAN SHE KEEP FINDING ME TO ADD ME? She is not on my friend list.

When I block her, it's fine. However, when she is unblocked, she then adds me again.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

I was once tagged in one of her photos by a mutual friend (but I removed the tag), so this surely can't be the problem.
    am i missing something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madima)
    am i missing something?
    You're missing the point that my privacy settings allow her to find me in a search when I have clearly stated that I don't want that to happen.

ReputationRep:
    You're missing the point that my privacy settings allow her to find me in a search when I have clearly stated that I don't want that to happen.
    How do you know she found you in a search? If you have mutual friends she can find you that way. Or perhaps she just knows your facebook URL. For all you know, at that one point when she had access to your profile through 'search', she bookmarked your profile. Imagine! :eek: It may even be her home page!:yes: :eek: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Just block her again and keep her blocked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iapetus)
    How do you know she found you in a search? If you have mutual friends she can find you that way. Or perhaps she just knows your facebook URL. For all you know, at that one point when she had access to your profile through 'search', she bookmarked your profile. Imagine! :eek: It may even be her home page!:yes: :eek: :woo:
    I did have her as a friend once, but she kept poking me, so I just deleted her again.

And me, her, and a mutual friend from work appeared in a photo together at a work xmas party. The photo was uploaded by her, but she couldn't tag me as she was not my friend. However, the mutual friend tagged me.

As soon as this tag was made, the bipolar one was able to add me as a friend again, and even though I have since removed the tag, she can still somehow find me on Facebook, and I do not know how.

What do you mean by she can find me through mutual friends? My privacy settings don't allow me to appear in a search result, so that also means I am invisible on other people's friends lists, yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    Just block her again and keep her blocked?
    Yes, that's what I'm going to have to do, but it seems everytime I UNBLOCK her she can add me as a friend again. I just don't know how. She should not be able to find me on the site, she isn't a FB friend therefore my profile shouldn't be visible to her.

I am going to say something very nasty to her when I next see her, maybe then she will get the message. But I doubt it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I did have her as a friend once, but she kept poking me, so I just deleted her again.

And me, her, and a mutual friend from work appeared in a photo together at a work xmas party. The photo was uploaded by her, but she couldn't tag me as she was not my friend. However, the mutual friend tagged me.

As soon as this tag was made, the bipolar one was able to add me as a friend again, and even though I have since removed the tag, she can still somehow find me on Facebook, and I do not know how.

What do you mean by she can find me through mutual friends? My privacy settings don't allow me to appear in a search result, so that also means I am invisible on other people's friends lists, yes?
    You fail at facebook :rolleyes: The privacy settings just stop you popping up in the public search listings. There are a multitude of ways she can find your profile otherwise. For instance, say you have typed a message on the wall of a mutual friend. She clicks - bingo! - Found your profile.

There's really no way of stopping her. For all you know your facebook is her homepage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iapetus)
    You fail at facebook :rolleyes: The privacy settings just stop you popping up in the public search listings. There are a multitude of ways she can find your profile otherwise. For instance, say you have typed a message on the wall of a mutual friend. She clicks - bingo! - Found your profile.

There's really no way of stopping her. For all you know your facebook is her homepage.
    Well thanks for the tips.

Bearing in mind what you said, do you think I will appear on other people's 'friends you may know' pages? If I appear on that, then I think I will have to deactivate.

ReputationRep:
    Well thanks for the tips.

Bearing in mind what you said, do you think I will appear on other people's 'friends you may know' pages? If I appear on that, then I think I will have to deactivate.
    Not sure, maybe. I think you're overreacting a little bit though. You can accept friend invitations but keep them on limited profile view fyi. It's social networking, it's never been secure

ReputationRep:
    she might be a hacker

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's what I'm going to have to do, but it seems everytime I UNBLOCK her she can add me as a friend again. I just don't know how. She should not be able to find me on the site, she isn't a FB friend therefore my profile shouldn't be visible to her.

I am going to say something very nasty to her when I next see her, maybe then she will get the message. But I doubt it. :rolleyes:
    Just make sure you have got all your privacy settings sorted. If she is that weird she can go via a mutual friend and find you that way!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.