Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone had applied for any photography courses and if they had any offers.

I've applied to brighton, westminster, manchester met, UCAL, and bristol.

They received my application (according to track) on the 14th Jan.

I know its really soon to be panicing but i was wondering if anyone had interview dates, or even their interviews!!

Its also a worry to me that the courses i really want (brighton is first choice) are full!
    Does anyone know anything about this?

ReputationRep:
    bump? x

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry, I think it takes around 2 weeks or more before they start to reply.

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    i was just wondering if anyone had been to any photography interviews
    x

ReputationRep:
    i've got an interview at Gloucestershire on the 25th, and i got a letter from Manchester Met asking me to send a portfolio, but nothing from any of the other courses
    have you had anything from Bristol? last i heard they were processing my application, that was 3 weeks ago though

ReputationRep:
    Brighton is my first choice for photography too!

I havnt heard any thing from them yet, which is a bit worrying. Ive only heard from Bournemouth (who want to interview me for a different course, which is strange) and Camberwell (as I go there now) but havnt heard from others...

Glad other people are experiencing the same thing tho

ReputationRep:
    As I've only got down Bournemouth and Brighton at the moment, and going to add three other choices later on track, so far I've got an email from Bournemouth saying they've got my application, and Brighton emailed about an online portfolio which I had only 6 days to sort out. My application was sent really close to the deadline too.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application in on the 22nd of January for Brighton but heard nothing back yet ]= My sixth form completly mucked up my application though and I had to go in and ask them to change it >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixie-lee)
    i've got an interview at Gloucestershire on the 25th, and i got a letter from Manchester Met asking me to send a portfolio, but nothing from any of the other courses
    have you had anything from Bristol? last i heard they were processing my application, that was 3 weeks ago though
    Yeah I had that from manchester, they said they'll reply by the 19th.
    As far as Bristol goes, when you log into their site with the details they give you, all it says is that they are interviewing people in April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopyluvsu)
    Brighton is my first choice for photography too!

I havnt heard any thing from them yet, which is a bit worrying. Ive only heard from Bournemouth (who want to interview me for a different course, which is strange) and Camberwell (as I go there now) but havnt heard from others...

Glad other people are experiencing the same thing tho

Brighton i got a message through about an online portfolio. Just waiting to hear back from them now.
    I'm absolutely terrified. Getting into brighton means so much to me, i've already been rejected from University of the Arts London (but that was expected)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuryMeInBlack)
    As I've only got down Bournemouth and Brighton at the moment, and going to add three other choices later on track, so far I've got an email from Bournemouth saying they've got my application, and Brighton emailed about an online portfolio which I had only 6 days to sort out. My application was sent really close to the deadline too.
    I got the same from Brighton about an online portfolio, i'm just hoping for an interview :/ x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoChristian)
    I got the same from Brighton about an online portfolio, i'm just hoping for an interview :/ x
    You probably won't hear from them for around a couple of weeks at least. It doesn't matter to me cause they're my last choice.

ReputationRep:
    i've got an interview for brighton and for manchester! xx

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview from Brighton and also Bournemouth now. I wanted Bournemouth after Brighton as I see Brighton as my last choice, so that's kind of annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Has anyone NOT heard back from brighton? Im getting worried...I may ring them.
    Ive got a place at university of the arts, interviews at glasgow and edinburgh and I rejected Bournemouth (as they offered me a different course) but I really wana hear ANYTHING from brighton! Haven't even bin asked for my online portfolio!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Has anyone NOT heard back from brighton? Im getting worried...I may ring them.
    Ive got a place at university of the arts, interviews at glasgow and edinburgh and I rejected Bournemouth (as they offered me a different course) but I really wana hear ANYTHING from brighton! Haven't even bin asked for my online portfolio!
    I applied really near the deadline so I ended up with an email about the online portfolio, not a letter. I would definitely ring up about it seeing as I think everyone was meant to have had the same deadline for the online portfolio for photography, so you need to check this.

ReputationRep:
    Well I havnt heard from Brighton AT ALL.
    No letter or email or any correspondence at all. I tried to ring them, but it keeps going to answer phone. So I emailed (as I thought they wouldnt call me back) but they havnt replied (i did this yesterday).

Getting really worried now as I did my UCAS like the 12th Jan...
    oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    Well I havnt heard from Brighton AT ALL.
    No letter or email or any correspondence at all. I tried to ring them, but it keeps going to answer phone. So I emailed (as I thought they wouldnt call me back) but they havnt replied (i did this yesterday).

Getting really worried now as I did my UCAS like the 12th Jan...
    oh dear...
    Keep trying to ring them, I applied to Brighton on the 22nd and got told to do my online portfolio 6 days before the deadline, which was the 10th of February.

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for Bristol on the 14th April.
    Aggggggggggges away!
    i had the one for manchester yesterday aswell, i think it went ok but could have gone better, they said they would let me know in 2-3 weeks.

STILL haven't had a peep from Westminster, i'm thinking it might be my A level grades that are bothering them because I got CCC. :/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.