Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey all,

I visited my doctor mid-december to ask about a small lump I had found on the top of my right testicle. I was worrying it was something like testicular cancer. However after checking me over, he said that it wasn't actually on the testicle, but on the tube that connects it (Epididymis?) and believes it is a cyst of some sort (spermatocele/epididymitis). Anyway, he said that it can go away by itself, and that if it does it should be gone by the start of the january. The small lump did shrink, but if I try to find it I can do so still.

I really don't like visiting the Doctor's. But I have booked another appointment reluctantly, am I just being too much of a worry ? Since it is not on the testicle, testicular cancer seems very unlikely (and is the only reason I am going to seeing him again). Can you even get cancer on this tube? He said it was because of a build up of sperm/urine. Which would be most likely / unlikely for me to have at my age? Has anyone had a problem like this?

Any advice to put me at ease?.. I'm currently 17, if that's anything significant.

Appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    My friend has this. They're caused by infection, in males under 35 it's usually put down to a STI like Chlamydia but it's not always the case, in older men it's presumed to be a non-sexually transmitted infection.

Basically, it's caused by an infection. If it doesn't go down any more or it's causing you pain, go back to your doctor (see a different one!) and they should put you on antibiotics.

After taking a two week course of antibiotics, it went and everything is fine now And he didn't have an STI.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    My friend has this. They're caused by infection, in males under 35 it's usually put down to a STI like Chlamydia but it's not always the case, in older men it's presumed to be a non-sexually transmitted infection.

Basically, it's caused by an infection. If it doesn't go down any more or it's causing you pain, go back to your doctor (see a different one!) and they should put you on antibiotics.

After taking a two week course of antibiotics, it went and everything is fine now And he didn't have an STI.
    Ahh glad to hear! I'm actually still a virgin, so it's doubtful that it would be an STI/Chlymedia! Going to see my doctor today, tempted to ask for a scan just in case.. but will see what he says!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.