Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else find that hardly any actually sound how you would expect them to?

I mean 'Deckert'? Seriously? 'De-share(t)', surely?

ReputationRep:
    The West Country ones are just as bad. Stephens Scown is supposed to rhyme with moan, apparently. And don't get me started on Michelmores...

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, how do you pronounce Skadden? Is it Ska(y)dden or Sca(r)dden.

ReputationRep:
    So you all know, it's "niKIEEEE," not "nyke."
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by richie123)
    The West Country ones are just as bad. Stephens Scown is supposed to rhyme with moan, apparently. And don't get me started on Michelmores...
    Just be glad they didn't call themselves Stephens Scone, there'd be rioting in the streets over the pronunciation. :mob:

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, how do you pronounce Skadden? Is it Ska(y)dden or Sca(r)dden.
    Sca(r)dden. I'm suprised no-one has mentioned Weil by this point....normally crops up at some point.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/career/pronunciations/

ReputationRep:
    Americans pronounce it 'Ska-den' apparently Prince of Zamunda, although intuitively I would've said 'Skay-den'.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, snap Redeyejedi. Weil is somewhat nonsensical too, as is Dewey & LeBoeuf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monday1987)
    Haha, snap Redeyejedi. Weil is somewhat nonsensical too, as is Dewey & LeBoeuf.
    How DO you pronounce Dewey & LeBoeuf?!:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sak-y)
    How DO you pronounce Dewey & LeBoeuf?!:o:
    Doo wee and La buff.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.