Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i posted a thread like this a week or so ago.

i really can't trust my boyfriend and the main reason i don't now is because he's changed his facebook password (fair enough) but i knew it before and he knew i did and he never spoke to any girls but now he's changed it he thinks i dont know it.

Everytime i have a glance on it he always has about five girls up chatting to them, the thing is is that he goes mad if i change my phone password, or if i talk to other lads but whys he doing it?

i know he really likes me and falling for me but i dont see why he doesnt like me doing it when he does. it really winds me up to the point where i cant trust him at all.

how to i build trust between us? he knows i dont trust him ive told him . advice?

ReputationRep:
    If my boyfriend told me he 'didn't trust me', I'd leave him.
    He has a right to a life that doesn't involve you. Yes, that means if he wants his own Facebook password, he can have it.
    To sum up: If he's with you, it's because that's where he wants to be. Now just enjoy it and stop worrying!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him

/thread

ReputationRep:
    If there's no trust, there's no relationship.

Facebook has seemed to revolutionized dating in that it breaks relationships rather than makes them, it creates distance between friends. Gone are the days when you'd meet half a dozen interesting people everyday until you found that one person you could trust and be happy with.

ReputationRep:
    Change your phone password and when he asks why. Retaliate by asking why he's changed his facebook password. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Change your phone password and when he asks why. Retaliate by asking why he's changed his facebook password. Give him a taste of his own medicine.
    Revenge isn't the point of a relationship!

ReputationRep:
    Thus why my boyfriend and I keep our facebook's private. We trust each other implicitly, we have no need to log in to each other's accounts.

Sounds like you two don't seem to have a very strong or stable relationship if you're so mistrusting about a facebook page :s:

ReputationRep:
    facebook is evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Revenge isn't the point of a relationship!
    I refuse to conform to your idealistic views on relationships!!!!!! and you cant make me! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I refuse to conform to your idealistic views on relationships!!!!!! and you cant make me! :woo:
    Yes I can! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about it.

Just because he is with you, it doesn't mean he can't talk to other girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Yes I can! :yep:
    I notice you're from Scotland. So this particular case of insubordination will go unpunished.

I don't trust my boyfriend but i would never log onto his accounts of any sort be it facebook, email, phone anything. I don't trust him and it's for good reason and i know people say that you don't have a relationship without trust and all that but i am trying to trust him i don't want to just throw away 2 years of my life. Anyway back to the original point, i don't trust mine and i wouldn't do that because at the end of the day if he's doing whatever you think he's doing talking to all these girls etc. he's going to do it whether you look at what he's doing or not. And if he does you want rid of him don't you? Just because you know about it doesn't mean he'll stop. And yes, facebook is evil. MSN was like that once upon a time... causes so much trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    He has a right to a life that doesn't involve you. Yes, that means if he wants his own Facebook password, he can have it.
    !
    and if she wants her own phone password she should be able to have it yet the bf apparently doesnt like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I notice you're from Scotland. So this particular case of insubordination will go unpunished.
    Thankyou, very kind and thoughtful :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Learn to respect each other's privacy. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Thus why my boyfriend and I keep our facebook's private. We trust each other implicitly, we have no need to log in to each other's accounts.

Sounds like you two don't seem to have a very strong or stable relationship if you're so mistrusting about a facebook page :s:
    This. I don't understand couples who share facebook/email passwords. What is the point? Why would you want to go routing around your partners messages? I would hate that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    This. I don't understand couples who share facebook/email passwords. What is the point? Why would you want to go routing around your partners messages? I would hate that!
    Agreed. I think you need to learn where to draw the line. Me and my boyfriend love each other very much and have been in a long term relationship and we've never shared facebook passwords...and I only know his phone password when he's asked me to call people while he's been driving. If you can't trust him with his own facebook page then maybe this isn't going to work out. If I were you I'd nip this paranoia in the bud and go and and speak with him about it...however, be sensitive about it because there's not really any evidence to say he's done anything wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.