Turn on thread page Beta

Ok for the past few days I've not been able to read more than a couple of lines on paper because everytime I try to focus on it the words move about and it's pretty impossible to make out. It's starting to really worry me. If I'm reading off a powerpoint in a lecture or my computer screen I'm really having to concentrate hard but it's not impossible and the words don't move as much. Anyone know what this is? I tried googling but got no luck and seeing a dr is pretty impossible here at uni. I am on medication atm but I've been taking it a fair few months so I don't think it's that.

ReputationRep:
    Are you getting enough to drink?

ReputationRep:
    just a suggestion.
    I have this slightly and i was given a "special" piece of sheet of laminated see through paper thing. you place it over your work and apparently its meant to help you concentrate. they test you with different colours to see which works the best, pink was my best. but to be honest i didn't find it made a difference but i know some people who always use them and can't read without them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What medication are you taking? Taking it for any length of time is no guarantee of not having side effects. And if you are having problems with your vision then make an appointment with the optician, it will be much easier than the GP and if they spot a real problem they can refer you further. You should also have an emergency eye clinic/infirmary/walk in centre in your area.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe lay off the weed?

(Original post by lareneg)
    Are you getting enough to drink?
    I think so. I drink quite a lot of water maybe 6 or 7 pints a day.

(Original post by buttercuplizzy)
    just a suggestion.
    I have this slightly and i was given a "special" piece of sheet of laminated see through paper thing. you place it over your work and apparently its meant to help you concentrate. they test you with different colours to see which works the best, pink was my best. but to be honest i didn't find it made a difference but i know some people who always use them and can't read without them.
    I've never had this problem before so why would it just come about? Have you always had it slightly?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.