Turn on thread page Beta

Worst fans in the premier league? watch

ReputationRep:
    We've seen all the threads on the best fans, but which team has the worst fans in the Premier League?

My bet would be Bolton. I just saw them in the away crowd today at the Emirates and there must have been only a couple of hundred there. Or Blackburn, they're almost as bad. To be fair Arsenal's home crowd isn't great, but our away fans are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Fulham's home support is awful, away not much better. In terms of numbers, the likes of Portsmouth and Bolton are the most recent ones I can think of who've only brought down a few hundred.

ReputationRep:
    Wigan/Blackburn/Bolton all have woeful support and are all located in a similar area.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't call it the highbury libary for nothing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Watch a load of people lining up saying Arsenal when the fact is, that is absolute *****. I agree with you, some of the north western teams who compete with the likes of UTD for fans lack any real decent support. Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan are 3 that come to mind.
    The fact that people I know who go to Arsenal tonight posted on their status that fans actually stayed to the end says a lot tbh.
    But worst? Bolton or Wigan.

ReputationRep:
    Wigan .... /thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Watch a load of people lining up saying Arsenal when the fact is, that is absolute *****. I agree with you, some of the north western teams who compete with the likes of UTD for fans lack any real decent support. Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan are 3 that come to mind.
    Apart from the big games, when our fans are immense, the Emirates can sometimes be a bit quiet. Today was loud though, and ******* vicious considering we were playing Bolton.
    Edit:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Highbury was actually really good, the Emirates is a bit more disappointing. And to be fair I should have mentioned Chelsea, I remember seeing them in a few cup finals and they were terrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Yeah, because there was a great selection of books on our history in the club store, I'm guessing the Chavski store doesn't have many?
    No there wasn't, your club store was an absolute joke, which consisted of a few run down windows next to Finsbury park tube station.

Tinpot club.

ReputationRep:
    No there wasn't, your club store was an absolute joke, which consisted of a few run down windows next to Finsbury park tube station.

Tinpot club.
    Have you seen the new one about 10 times the size of it just outside the stadium? Clearly not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Would've gone if weren't for exams :rolleyes: it sounded **** at the start but it certainly picked up, I'll admit it is ******* quiet normally but that isn't because we have bad fans, its because a lot of the good fans are priced out and I know some that only go to away games and like you said in your original post, our away fans are some of the best in the country
    "bad" fans and "good" fans, i'm sorry but that sounds absolutely pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they did. :indiff: If anything, the Emirates is much worse and that's not even all that bad all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Have you seen the new one about 10 times the size of it just outside the stadium? Clearly not
    Well, it couldn't have got any smaller in size, i'll give you that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    The fact that people I know who go to Arsenal tonight posted on their status that fans actually stayed to the end says a lot tbh.
    True, why mention that?.
    I did'nt like the Eboue booing off the pitch debacle and i went there last season and it was too quiet for 60 000 fans.
    I think with the NW teams like Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan etc like someone said before there fan base is'nt that large as larger teams in the NW draw their support therefore many seats are available for casual fans to come to the game who might not be as vocal or knowledgable as season ticket holders but at least they turn up which helps their respective club.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    "bad" fans and "good" fans, i'm sorry but that sounds absolutely pathetic.
    This is why football threads are the best, a bit of banter. Its basically true, most of the season ticket holders in the stadium week in week out are "bad" fans because they are old men half the time, the tickets are way too expensive. Our away fans are more traditional lets say.

ReputationRep:
    We've seen all the threads on the best fans, but which team has the worst fans in the Premier League?

My bet would be Bolton. I just saw them in the away crowd today at the Emirates and there must have been only a couple of hundred there. Or Blackburn, they're almost as bad. To be fair Arsenal's home crowd isn't great, but our away fans are amazing.
    I don't think you can judge Bolton on the amount of fans they brought tonight. Think about it, a trip from the North-West to London on a Wednesday night isn't really practical for most people.

Clearly I don't support anyone currently in the Prem, as much as it pains me, Sunderland do have a crackin support. Bolton struggle to fill their ground at home, as do Wigan and as do Blackburn. The top three and Liverpool (ya see what I did there) should just be discounted from everything, because they have so many glory fans that means wherever they go they will be able to fill an away support because the geographical location spread of the fans is so vast. When was the last time you saw an empty Man Utd seat when they were playing in London!

I'll go with Wigan - even when prices were dirt cheap last year they still couldn't fill the ground. I know it doesn't help it's a retail park ground but it's still a terrible atmosphere and their away support isn't any better. At St. James they might as well have not been there.

ReputationRep:
    This is why football threads are the best, a bit of banter. Its basically true, most of the season ticket holders in the stadium week in week out are "bad" fans because they are old men half the time, the tickets are way too expensive. Our away fans are more traditional lets say.
    Hang on a minute. Look at the contradiction...

Most of the season ticket holders in the stadium are "bad fans".

Right, i'll give you a minute to regather your thoughts before I rip into that. Anything you want to change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    I don't think you can judge Bolton on the amount of fans they brought tonight. Think about it, a trip from the North-West to London on a Wednesday night isn't really practical for most people.
    This is no excuse, considering its the same every year

Hang on a minute. Look at the contradiction...

Most of the season ticket holders in the stadium are "bad fans".

Right, i'll give you a minute to regather your thoughts before I rip into that. Anything you want to change?
    Its way too expensive at the emirates, therefore the people who can afford the tickets are generally old, rich men. At Highbury, when the tickets were affordable, all our fans were immense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.
    Manure fan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnni)
    True, why mention that?.
    I did'nt like the Eboue booing off the pitch debacle and i went there last season and it was too quiet for 60 000 fans.
    I think with the NW teams like Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan etc like someone said before there fan base is'nt that large as larger teams in the NW draw their support therefore many seats are available for casual fans to come to the game who might not be as vocal or knowledgable as season ticket holders but at least they turn up which helps their respective club.
    Because the person I quoted posted as if to say Arsenal had quality home fans when they don't. Not the worst, but should still come in for some criticism. Just like United's and Liverpool's and Chelsea's.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.