Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worst fans in the premier league? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinderellaDontGo)
    I actually don't care, I comment because I want you to know this. I know it happened. Going by that theory you must care about scousers, if not then why comment?

You may not sing about scousers, that's irrelevant. The majority do.
    Please don't tar all fans with the same brush, and the same goes for all games. Ask Arsenal/Liverpool fans about atmosphere at the respective stadiums and they'll say it can be mixed, btw. I certainly didn't hear many songs about scousers in Barcelona.

I think it's best to say we agree to disagree, tbh. This could go on ad infinitum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    We're currently stable financially, and if we got into champs league for just one season but still spent big on players and their wages (which isn't a MON/Lener policy so we probably wouldn't, but still for argument's sake) we'd be in a more precarious situation

Similarly if Liverpool don't finish top 4 then they could be in a dangerous situation, which might be alleviated by capitalising on Torres/Gerrard
    I said you were sound financially but that other Villa fan said otherwise.

Plus he was asked ''If you were a Liverpool fan what would you rather'' and he said Carling Cup.

You'd be mental not to take a CL spot over the Carling Cup. I don't care what you say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Please don't tar all fans with the same brush, and the same goes for all games. Ask Arsenal/Liverpool fans about atmosphere at the respective stadiums and they'll say it can be mixed, btw. I certainly didn't hear many songs about scousers in Barcelona.

I think it's best to say we agree to disagree, tbh. This could go on ad infinitum.
    Loads of home fans are **** yes.

But it's basic fact that United fans will sing at least 2 of these songs during a game:

Feed the scousers

You scouse *******

''We won it 3 times, we won it 3 times, without killing anyone we won it 3 times'' (another highlight of your great support)

Yes not all do, but it still gets sung by many. Why deny it?

Liverpool don't have one song about Man Utd, (apart from Manchester is full of **** which gets sung only when we play you) so it's clear you are obsessed with us.

ReputationRep:
    ''We won it 3 times, we won it 3 times, without killing anyone we won it 3 times'' (another highlight of your great support)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djL5ydEfagE

ReputationRep:
    Loads of home fans are **** yes.

But it's basic fact that United fans will sing at least 2 of these songs during a game:

Feed the scousers

You scouse *******

Yes not all do, but it still gets sung by many. Why deny it?

Liverpool don't have one song about Man Utd, (apart from Manchester is full of **** which gets sung only when we play you) so it's clear you are obsessed with us.
    I didn't deny anything.

I cba with this anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I said you were sound financially but that other Villa fan said otherwise.

I believe I said that we have to sell to buy at the moment, which is true.
    That doesn't mean we are in debt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I didn't deny anything.

I cba with this anymore.

Lmao I was about to say the same thing, we'll never agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollie-var)
    I believe I said that we have to sell to buy at the moment, which is true.
    That doesn't mean we are in debt.

So you're not in a good financial situation then.

Idiot.

ReputationRep:

Idiot.
    LMAO
    You're the one that said we were in a good financial situation!

ReputationRep:
    ******* disgusting, i hope you never go on about how some United supports mock Hillborough again. I bet you're going to throw out the old 'we only mock this because they mock Hillborough!' card.

Scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHMyp_jIyw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Why is it that you aren't one of the ones up singing at the start though?
    I dunno. Maybe I wll in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1986)
    Manure fan?
    you're a disgrace...

ReputationRep:

Idiot.
    He's not an idiot, and me and him aren't disagreeing with each other. I said we were stable, he said we weren't in debt...

We are stable and in a relatively good financial situation, and we're not in massive amounts of debt like a lot of teams around us are. But this is because we spend within our limits. And apparently we've spent the budget for this season on Collins/Dunne/Downing...

We don't need Champions League money as much as Liverpool because we haven't budgeted for it. It would be a nice bonus, and so would being in a League Cup final. Champions League would be more helpful in the long term, but football fans rarely plan for the long term (although they certainly remember it) and as such Villa fans are understandably excited.

And I know the other lad was originally asked about if he was a Liverpool fan, but that question was sparked by the Villa fans' being excited about the League Cup and Liverpool fans saying it meant nothing, so the Villa perspective is relevant here before you mention that original question again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Chelsea fan and I think we could possibly be, the fans who booed them the other week after we had a run of draws absolutely disgusted me, we were top of the table at the time for God's sake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    :arsenal: :yy: :arsenal:
    Are you one of the guys thats stands up and sings btw

ReputationRep:
    wigan

ReputationRep:
    I can speak English fairly well thank you.

I wouldn't make a comment about Hillsborough up, but if you think I did then believe that I honestly don't care.

United fans are ok, but nowhere near as good as Liverpool. Yes I'm biased but neutrals will say the same. You seem to sing about scousers all the time, obsessed much?
    Away from home we have the best support in the country, liverpool's isn't even close. Neutrals will say the same.

also, i sing about scousers because i ******* hate them - scum of the earth

(Original post by Ben77mc)
    Away from home we have the best support in the country, liverpool's isn't even close. Neutrals will say the same.

also, i sing about scousers because i ******* hate them
    Bless.

ReputationRep:
    I would say West Ham fans do have a better history than Chelsea. I mean you've won a few things, your fans are great, and you've had great players like Bobby Moore. I'm not saying Chelsea haven't had this, but I just can't take Chelsea seriously. They're not an old fashioned football team like West Ham, Liverpool, Leeds etc... Who knows maybe in 20 years they'll have a decent history.

But I would still say all those cups, European nights with foreign away fans, the club anthem, past managers and players, makes a much greater history.
    Well, it is possible that Chelsea can be seen as one of the 'major old forces' in twenty times because the footballing 'elite' change over time. Yorkshire's best used to be Huddersfield and Wednesday before Leeds came along. Don't think Chelsea will ever be taken seriously though because there's too much to catch up on when compared to Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal. There's a chance to win more CL than Arsenal since both are on zero.

Then again, it would be a bit silly choosing to select a team to support on history alone because that is just a form of glory hunting, arguably. If you live fairly local and attend matches then it's cool. Not saying you personally don't but there are plenty of supporters from several clubs who brand the history card who haven't even seen their team live. I have more respect to those who attend matches regardless of their team's perceived history.

Not really sure what I make of fans being proud of the history of their football team considering if someone was proud of being British or for being white that usually causes a **** storm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Yep :yes:
    Cool

If your going to the man u game, I expect you to stand up and shout then lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.