Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worst fans in the premier league? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal - fake fans no noise.
    Ooo I hate success and the people associated with it wah wah wah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    I don't get why Wigan fans get a rinsing. The main problem with their fans is that there aren't many of them.
    Well, they also have no atmosphere whatsoever apart from that ******* drum, no distinctive culture, no history, nothing of any note whatsoever. Of course, every team in the Premier League is there on merit, but Wigan are an absolutely nothing club. I don't dislike them at all and I admire Martinez's philosophy, but I doubt many would even notice if they slipped away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WithFlyingColours)
    Only 91 Liverpool fans travelled to Trabzonspor. Think that's pretty embarrassing to be honest.
    Think before you type :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Newcastle. Too self indulgent.
    What does that even mean...

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd by a long shot. So many armchair fans and so many that never ever make the effort to go to the games, live down south and just piggyback on to the sucess. Even when you get inside old Trafford, there are 70k people and you can only ever hear the small pocket of away fans. Might be a nice big stadium but they generate zero atmosphere.

Chelsea I can handle because Stamford Bridge has a bit of oomph to it and not many people jumped on the wagon when Abramovic (sp?) took over - the ones that support it generally do with little fuss. Arsenal are similar.

Liverpool fans aren't bad. They just make me laugh. Every year since 1991 has been going to be "their year". It's 2010 and I'm still waiting.

Wigan don't have a strong following but that doesn't make them bad fans.

North Eastern football have the best fans. I don't say that only as a NUFC fan but the SOL has an amazing buzz about it and as much as it pains me, the Riverside has one of the highest town population: attendance ratios. Even if they are pretty much the Scottish national team nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I've never got the 'this is our year' jibe at Liverpool supporters. I've never heard anyone say that, ever, except fans of other teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Think before you type :facepalm2:
    Say what you want, you know its embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    Liverpool fans aren't bad. They just make me laugh. Every year since 1991 has been going to be "their year". It's 2010 and I'm still waiting.
    Every new signing is the 'missing piece' as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I've never got the 'this is our year' jibe at Liverpool supporters. I've never heard anyone say that, ever, except fans of other teams.
    Tune into places like Talksport or 606, there are liverpool fans ringing up all the time spouting that nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenjyUK)
    Ooo I hate success and the people associated with it wah wah wah
    Man U have good away fans but I was even speaking to Chelsea and Arsenal fans from ENgland yesterday at New York red bulls match and they were like yer our fans are s***.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Tune into places like Talksport or 606, there are liverpool fans ringing up all the time spouting that nonsense.
    Where fan stereotypes are born...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Probably a good thing I've never actually listened to Talksport (except when subjected to it in a taxi :facepalm2: ) or read 606.

I do wonder if I am watching the same game as people sometimes though.

ReputationRep:
    Only 91 Liverpool fans travelled to Trabzonspor. Think that's pretty embarrassing to be honest.
    A midweek trip to the other side of Europe - understandable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumJP)
    Understandable maybe, but it's not the sort of behaviour that merits the 'best fans in the world' write up they get given by the likes of Sky and ITV. Other clubs have played midweek euro qualifiers and had a much larger following.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Blackburn were given 5000 tickets for a Semi Final of the Carling Cup tonight against us and they only sold 1500 tickets.
    And we still out sang you and you had empty seats aswell which says a lot about your club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumJP)
    If it was the chumps league they'd have taken a load more, sums up the scousers ability to think they're world beaters.

ReputationRep:
    aston villa they think theyre bigger than they are

Understandable maybe, but it's not the sort of behaviour that merits the 'best fans in the world' write up they get given by the likes of Sky and ITV. Other clubs have played midweek euro qualifiers and had a much larger following.
    Other clubs didn't have a 2000 mile trip to Turkey getting charged nearly 50 quid to watch a second string team play the 2nd leg of a tie we were expected to win easily against a little-known side, with a lead from the first match.

ReputationRep:
    You'll never walk alone, unless it's a bit of a hassle getting there.

It is understandable why you didn't, but the other clubs don't regularly claim to be the best fans in the world, which is why it's being brought up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    You'll never walk alone, unless it's a bit of a hassle getting there.

It is understandable why you didn't, but the other clubs don't regularly claim to be the best fans in the world, which is why it's being brought up.
    Yep, exactly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.