Turn on thread page Beta

Worst fans in the premier league? watch

(Original post by MC REN)
    You'll never walk alone, unless it's a bit of a hassle getting there.

It is understandable why you didn't, but the other clubs don't regularly claim to be the best fans in the world, which is why it's being brought up.
    To be fair - the whole "best fans in the world" thing is mostly a sky/itv thing.

When Anfield's on form (european nights/big prem games) it blows any ground in the country out of the water - sadly most of the time it's full of idiots who can't be arsed, and that goes for the majority of ST holders too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_1892)
    To be fair - the whole "best fans in the world" thing is mostly a sky/itv thing.

When Anfield's on form (european nights/big prem games) it blows any ground in the country out of the water - sadly most of the time it's full of idiots who can't be arsed, and that goes for the majority of ST holders too.
    And that essentially sums up why you're not 'the best fans in the world'. It takes big european games (Not the ones you're playing at the moment mind, you're too good for those) for your support to actually do anything.

Best atmosphere i've been a part of apart from Millwall was the playoff games vs Ipswich, best i've ever heard. Not even for songs just ******* going mental and that rush of adrenaline when someone breaks through on goal.

The away goals weren't bad either.

(Original post by Marshyy)
    And that essentially sums up why you're not 'the best fans in the world'. It takes big european games (Not the ones you're playing at the moment mind, you're too good for those) for your support to actually do anything.
    Did I say I believed it? Our home support is crap, no denying it. But it's no worse than most other teams - there just isn't a decent atmosphere anywhere.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by wildrover)
    And we still out sang you and you had empty seats aswell which says a lot about your club.
    Edwood Park Carling Cup Semi Final first leg, half empty stadium with 5,500 Villa fans selling out the away end

Home leg 40,000 with just 2,000 Blackburn fans had they sold the whole allocation it would have been a sell out but no because they didn't sell their allocation they sold some back to Villa. And ask for outsinging, we didn't hear you sing at all for both games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Edwood Park Carling Cup Semi Final first leg, half empty stadium with 5,500 Villa fans selling out the away end

Home leg 40,000 with just 2,000 Blackburn fans had they sold the whole allocation it would have been a sell out but no because they didn't sell their allocation they sold some back to Villa. And ask for outsinging, we didn't hear you sing at all for both games.
    Well you obviously didn't have your ears open in the second leg and there were empty seats in your stands caause we were sining empty seats my lord and then started the Heskeys sh*t my lord chant that you then copied; youu sang for a very brief spell at villa park and anybody there would vouch for that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well you obviously didn't have your ears open in the second leg and there were empty seats in your stands caause we were sining empty seats my lord and then started the Heskeys sh*t my lord chant that you then copied; youu sang for a very brief spell at villa park and anybody there would vouch for that.
    You must be blind, where I was sitting it was a wall of noise down the Holte End, only time we went quiet was when we were 2-0 down.

ReputationRep:
    Well from what I heard we were the better supporters on the day and teh attendance was so low from us at Villa Park was because it is a very poor town and most people don'thave flexible jobs that are easy to get time off, people had to make a huge effort to get there asell cause of tarffic around Birmingham and were having to leave college early and dind't get back to the well after midnight.

ReputationRep:
    They sang it back to you on that occasion as a joke, but it's not like you invented it, Villa fans sing it every week. And you heard wrong about the noise as well, you didn't outsing Villa it was fairly even at Villa Park and Villa outsang you at Ewood Park.

Blackburn sold some seats back to villa and these were only put on sale right before the game, which you can use to explain why they didn't all sell. Blackburn is a poor town, but so is most of football-going Birmingham and the surrounding towns like Dudley/Walsall, etc, and it was in the middle of a global recession - both sets of fans were struggling financially at the time, so these sort of excuses are stupid.

You had more empty seats than Villa at your ground than Villa did at Villa Park (which is of course bigger as well) and Villa took more than twice as many away fans than you lot brought to Villa.

Villa often do have a lot of empty seats (9% average of there 42000 stadium), but Blackburn have a lot more (19% average of a 31000 stadium). You say that says a lot about Villa, but it also says that Blackburn are a lot worse than Villa :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wigan/Blackburn/Bolton are terrible

And for a big team arsenal home crowd laves a bit to be desired on the non big game days and thats coming from a hardcore gooner

ReputationRep:
    Wigan. I know Wigan is more of a rugby city, but there are other cities who have big clubs for both football and rugby, and both seem to get decent attendances.

To take 60 fans down to Spurs not the weekend just gone but the one previous is awful.

I've seen my team take more fans against sides such as Canvey Island and Forest Green back in the day of non-league football!

What do Wigan bring to the PL, really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilton zulu)
    aston villa they think theyre bigger than they are
    says the pathetic blues fan who thinks he is a 'zulu'.
    By the way, Villa are a big club. History tells you that.
    Fanbase tells you that. Every aspect does.
    Although attendances haven't been good this season, but then again the midlands has been the worst hit place of the british economy.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd say Chelsea are the worst fans...

they always seem to come accross as snotty as if they know **** all about football and they just support em for the sake of it.

At least with fans from Wigan etc they enjoy their football thoroughly and are decent to have a pint with.

ReputationRep:
    Wigan, I think, but Arsenal are pretty quiet.

Also, some of the fans at Chelsea are ******* ****, and it hurts me to say that. But the family stands are so silent it hurts...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.