Turn on thread page Beta

Worst fans in the premier league? watch

Announcements

Arsenal are the worst ive seen. Small club =/= crap fans, if anything most **** teams have good fans. Villa are meant to be bad too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    This is no excuse, considering its the same every year
    Well, no, not really. On a Saturday or Sunday people aren't at work and can get there in time. From Bolton, if it's in London for a Saturday 3pm kick off, you can set off at 8am and get there in good time. On a week night, people are at work and can't realistically get to London. Not to mention it's a mighty trek back for work the next day, so really, your asking people to take 2 days off work, probably a night in a travel lodge, to probably get beat (no excuse I know).

If that match was a Saturday 3pm, Bolton would have taken more. Granted, they still wouldn't of had a patch on most fans, but more nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Because the person I quoted posted as if to say Arsenal had quality home fans when they don't. Not the worst, but should still come in for some criticism. Just like United's and Liverpool's and Chelsea's.
    It was more a rhetorical question lol as i see what you meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    They are though, the season ticket prices are only really affordable if you have a high income, high income generally means middle class, which means posh people who won't sing because they are too embarrassed to.

So if you don't sing, you're a "bad" fan, even though you have a season ticket. Woah - who on earth are you to judge whether someone is or isn't a fan. You're Arsenal fans altogether, and they're showing their support week in week out, attending football matches, paying however much ST's are at the Emirates every season and you still classify them as bad fans? They pay their money, and it's their choice to how they conduct themselves, and branding them as "bad fans" simply because they don't act, perhaps how you do wanting to sing is very narrow minded. Who knows, some of these "bad fans" as you classify them may having been following Arsenal for 40 years, and just because they're not singing and getting behind their team vocally, it doesn't mean they're bad fans. I've met plenty of Chelsea supporters, who are sitting next to me prior to a game talking to me about when we played the opposition in the 70's etc - some of them don't sing - are they bad fans? People enjoy games in different ways, with all sorts of backgrounds, and it's time you start realising it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    Well, no, not really. On a Saturday or Sunday people aren't at work and can get there in time. From Bolton, if it's in London for a Saturday 3pm kick off, you can set off at 8am and get there in good time. On a week night, people are at work and can't realistically get to London. Not to mention it's a mighty trek back for work the next day, so really, your asking people to take 2 days off work, probably a night in a travel lodge, to probably get beat (no excuse I know).

If that match was a Saturday 3pm, Bolton would have taken more. Granted, they still wouldn't of had a patch on most fans, but more nonetheless.
    Sorry, let me repeat that. This is no excuse, considering its the same every year, whether or not its midweek or on the weekend. I've seen a lot of matches and they are by far the worst fans I've seen. Apart from Middlesborough, but then they are no longer premier league.
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    So if you don't sing, you're a "bad" fan, even though you have a season ticket. Woah - who on earth are you to judge whether someone is or isn't a fan. You're Arsenal fans altogether, and they're showing their support week in week out, attending football matches, paying however much ST's are at the Emirates every season and you still classify them as bad fans? They pay their money, and it's their choice to how they conduct themselves, and branding them as "bad fans" simply because they don't act, perhaps how you do wanting to sing is very narrow minded. Who knows, some of these "bad fans" as you classify them may having been following Arsenal for 40 years, and just because they're not singing and getting behind their team vocally, it doesn't mean they're bad fans. I've met plenty of Chelsea supporters, who are sitting next to me prior to a game talking to me about when we played the opposition in the 70's etc - some of them don't sing - are they bad fans? People enjoy games in different ways, with all sorts of backgrounds, and it's time you start realising it.
    At the end of the day how a fanbase is going to be judged is by how loud they are. Thats all people see. Of course the top 7 or 8 teams all sell out their games easily and have huge numbers, but how much vocal support are they giving the club is how people judge how passionate the fans are, half of them could just be glory hunters who would leave if the team got into trouble. "Bad" is the wrong word to use, as you've clearly said, but they don't exactly give us the best reputation in the top flight.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham's support was sh!te in the Championship last year considering they were near the top of the league. Don't know what they're like now they're in the Premier League, anyone?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yids. ICF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1986)
    Manure fan?
    Ermmm maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I didn't say we had quality home support, I just agreed with the OP, our home support is generally ***** but our away support is quality.
    The same with most clubs i'd say their away fans are more vocal than the home fans.

Check out the Manure fans taking photos of Gerrard, sums up the place in my opinion. Only one single fan giving the v's when it should be all of them lol

ReputationRep:
    my team is in league one and sells out every game 25k could easily be 30 plus in the big games. 2000 away at brentford for a tuesday night after loseing 7-1 and drawing to exeter. Colchester away 2000 official fans but in home areas probaly another thousand at least giving us 30% of attendace. Nearly 1000 away at southampton on a tuesday 4 hour plus trip for a paint trophy game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoolahan)
    my team is in league one and sells out every game 25k could easily be 30 plus in the big games. 2000 away at brentford for a tuesday night after loseing 7-1 and drawing to exeter. Colchester away 2000 official fans but in home areas probaly another thousand at least giving us 30% of attendace. Nearly 1000 away at southampton on a tuesday 4 hour plus trip for a paint trophy game.
    Norwich or Leeds?
    Edit: or Forest?

ReputationRep:
    norwich lol

ReputationRep:
    Norwich or Leeds?
    Edit: or Forest?
    Would have to be Norwich with the username he has.

ReputationRep:
    Would have to be Norwich with the username he has.
    no disrespect to them but i haven't really been following league one football

ReputationRep:
    I do think the bigger teams should be discounted as they attract glory hunters like no others. I do feel a bit sorry for Chavski fans though with the whole plastic flags on seats routine etc. It really is a shame that the supporters haven't got the imagination to come up with their own flags.

But as far as poor attendances added to poor vocal support goes then I would say Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan out of the North West and Middlesborough from the North East.

The Emirates is an amazing stadium but the fans don't really do it justice and the attack on Ebouse last season was an absolute disgrace.

I just won't start with Manchester United as I think it is unfair as they have more day trippers than any other club. Which is a by-product of being succesful. To abuse them for this is just plain weird.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day how a fanbase is going to be judged is by how loud they are. Thats all people see. Of course the top 7 or 8 teams all sell out their games easily and have huge numbers, but how much vocal support are they giving the club is how people judge how passionate the fans are, half of them could just be glory hunters who would leave if the team got into trouble. "Bad" is the wrong word to use, as you've clearly said, but they don't exactly give us the best reputation in the top flight.
    Well, in the lower leagues they're judged more on numbers. It's how people wrongly judge how passionate they are. Who knows, half of those singing at games could be glory hunters off to support another London club if your team ever got relegated etc.

ReputationRep:
    although my clubs decline is terrible our fans have stuck by us 100% we will be back up at the top of the champ lower prem inbetween clubs at some point. On another note i have strangley enjoyed this year in league one. Terracing is the best bit and the players actually care for the club. Terracing should be brought back honestly its electric, obviusly more safer than the old days but it works in germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I do think the bigger teams should be discounted as they bring glory hunters like no others. I do feel a bit sorry for Chavski fans though with the whole plastic flags on seats routine etc. It really is a shame that the supporters haven't got the imagination to come up with their own flags.
    Don't Arsenal adopt something similar for the Champions League? And at Villa tonight they were all waving something that looked very similar. Seems like a trend that has caught on.

There are loads of banners/flags inside the stadium hung up by supporters, must be at least 10-15, along with one massive 'pride of london' flag that goes across the matthew harding lower before each game, and occasionaly another that goes across the shed upper.

Besides, singing YWNA one minute, the next minute there's boo's across the stadium. Ha!

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be the impossibly smug, pimms-drinking Arsenal mute collective (though the away fans are marginally better) or United.

ReputationRep:
    Well, in the lower leagues they're judged more on numbers. It's how people wrongly judge how passionate they are. Who knows, half of those singing at games could be glory hunters off to support another London club if your team ever got relegated etc.
    Do you reckon you'd still watch Chelsea? I know I would keep watching Arsenal, I wouldn't enjoy as much I don't think though, it would be a throwback to the mid 90s for us I reckon, only much worse.

Clearly the lower leagues have to be judged on numbers, because if you are supporting a league one club its hardly going to be glory hunting, so it shows you have that many diehard fans.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.