Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worst fans in the premier league? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen, Fulham and Bolton. Their away supports are both utter dross, 400 fans sat in silence for a 1st Division game in England is ridiculous.

As an aside, I find it astounding that Manchester United can even be mentioned in this thread, they have by far the best away support in England, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoolahan)
    although my clubs decline is terrible our fans have stuck by us 100% we will be back up at the top of the champ lower prem inbetween clubs at some point. On another note i have strangley enjoyed this year in league one. Terracing is the best bit and the players actually care for the club. Terracing should be brought back honestly its electric, obviusly more safer than the old days but it works in germany.
    It won't happen, there wasn't exactly a Hillsborough Disaster in Germany was there? There would be national outrage. But I'd quite enjoy it, I think, if it works for gigs then why not football you could say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Don't Arsenal adopt something similar for the Champions League? And at Villa tonight they were all waving something that looked very similar. Seems like a trend that has caught on.

There are loads of banners/flags inside the stadium hung up by supporters, must be at least 10-15, along with one massive 'pride of london' flag that goes across the matthew harding lower before each game, and occasionaly another that goes across the shed upper.

Besides, singing YWNA one minute, the next minute there's boo's across the stadium. Ha!
    :lolwut: boos at Anfield are pretty rare to be honest which is why it is commented on so much when they so happen.

The plastic flag trend was kicked off by Chavski but it does seem to have caught on now. I remember Newcastle doing it with the scarves and Arsenal with the scarves. City were doing it last night with the flags as well. It just seems cheap and I do despair at corporate and manufactured atmospheres.

And 10-15 flags :yy: I think one single away coach for our fans has more flags than that. One of my friends carries 3 alone, 1 being a particulary massive one that gets passed along the fans and makes its way back to him somehow :confused:

Have you also noticed that Liverpool fans get derided for singing Fields of Anfield Road and YNWA yet nobody ever mentions any songs sung by Chelsea fans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    At the end of the day how a fanbase is going to be judged is by how loud they are. Thats all people see. Of course the top 7 or 8 teams all sell out their games easily and have huge numbers, but how much vocal support are they giving the club is how people judge how passionate the fans are, half of them could just be glory hunters who would leave if the team got into trouble. "Bad" is the wrong word to use, as you've clearly said, but they don't exactly give us the best reputation in the top flight.
    I was originally going to refrain from this thread because it might end up as a mud slinging match but I'll add some reasoned thought before **** hits the fans.

Being loud is admirable and desirable in many respects but it is not always good for the club, see Steve Bruce's remarks about Newcastle Utd being a reality show, or criticisms of booing by supporters when things aren't rosy and dandy, or not creating the atmosphere they are stereotypically acknowledged for because it's a lesser competition but the last realistic chance of silverware. If loud more or less equates with passion, and therefore, great, then Stoke deserve the accolade. Not Liverpool, not Newcastle, but Stoke.

I'm unsure on this season because fans value different aspects in different ways. If we look at attendance though, in the past Middlesborough have been quite shocking. I think the same has been said about Wigan over the last few months too.

I think good examples to highlight are teams that have faced relegation and still manage decent attendance figures that would be hard to challenge should other teams suffer their plight. Two cases in point: Leeds and Derby County and compare them to teams like Coventry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    It won't happen, there wasn't exactly a Hillsborough Disaster in Germany was there? There would be national outrage. But I'd quite enjoy it, I think, if it works for gigs then why not football you could say
    terracing is completely safe if controlled in the right manner, with strict controls of amount of fans in pens and that number being a lot lower than the old days. I dont think there would be an outrage as thousands of fans stand in terracing in league one and 2 and lower down the football league pyramid, its just the champion ship and the out of touch with reality premier league.

edit that dont have terracing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I think good examples to highlight are teams that have faced relegation and still manage decent attendance figures that would be hard to challenge should other teams suffer their plight. Two cases in point: Leeds and Derby County and compare them to teams like Coventry.
    ha you missed Norwich in there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I get the feeling our home support against you may be somewhat better this year

There'll be some decidedly uncreative Adebayor songs and maybe a muffled 'COME ON ARSENAL' from the few extroverts, but I don't think it'll be cause for concern :console:

ReputationRep:
    Peterboro' and Scunthorpe have terracing in the CCC. Its not fun when its uncovered terracing like at Belle Vue and it rains though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    boos at Anfield are pretty rare to be honest which is why it is commented on so much when they so happen.

The plastic flag trend was kicked off by Chavski but it does seem to have caught on now. I remember Newcastle doing it with the scarves and Arsenal with the scarves. City were doing it last night with the flags as well. It just seems cheap and I do despair at corporate and manufactured atmospheres.

And 10-15 flags I think one single away coach for our fans has more flags than that. One of my friends carries 3 alone, 1 being a particulary massive one that gets passed along the fans and makes its way back to him somehow

Have you also noticed that Liverpool fans get derided for singing Fields of Anfield Road and YNWA yet nobody ever mentions any songs sung by Chelsea fans?
    Yeah the induced flags is a bit of a sham. The reasons for doing it was based on 'elf n safety according to a supporters group representative. :rolleyes: But blame can't be totally placed on fans but people who run the football club and govern the rules of what is and what is not allowed to take into the stadium. I don't think we're allowed metal poles and banners over a certain size. We have two largeish banners that gets carried across the stadium but it's not as big as others and it's not used as frequently so $ky viewers don't know it's there. Obviously the London Underground doesn't apply to journeys on match day then, or the bureaucrats are oblivious to safety concerns on dangerously packed tube trains because they get a taxi, left, right and centre.

ReputationRep:
    ive been to the emirates many times and not once have a i thought wow this is buzzing. Was at the standard leige game and their fans were brilliant made 100x the noise the arsenal did. The away fans are a lot better probably due to the ticket prices at the emirates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJB_1990)
    Peterboro' and Scunthorpe have terracing in the CCC. Its not fun when its uncovered terracing like at Belle Vue and it rains though.
    yes not exactly well established ccc teams yet.

Went to the keepmoat last year when we played you has to be the worst location ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    :lolwut: boos at Anfield are pretty rare to be honest which is why it is commented on so much when they so happen.

And 10-15 flags :yy: I think one single away coach for our fans has more flags than that. One of my friends carries 3 alone, 1 being a particulary massive one that gets passed along the fans and makes its way back to him somehow :confused:

The commentator needn't say anything - the boo's were loud enough to hear, which is slightly contradicting after singing YWNA (which as I read off another forum - YWNA comes with disclaimers - LOL!)

Congratulations, I guess your lot were singing again tonight as that's what you do. Sing when you're winning! How about the v.amusing time when sky seemed to increased the volume of ywna because "chelsea, chelsea, chelsea" was heard rather than ywna?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoolahan)
    yes not exactly well established ccc teams yet.

Went to the keepmoat last year when we played you has to be the worst location ever.
    Yeh its not great for parking or pubs and stuff like that. Atmosphere's mostly crap as well. You should join us lowly clubs' fans on the Football League thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJB_1990)
    Yeh its not great for parking or pubs and stuff like that. Atmosphere's mostly crap as well. You should join us lowly clubs' fans on the Football League thread.
    i went on the coach and was dropped off in some sort of cow field with mud up to my knees. not that im not used to it being from norfolk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COOPER_NUFC)
    So imo Man utd fans are among the worst, aswell as those like wigan, blackburn etc who cant even fill their stadiums when newcastle get 40,000+ every game in the fizzy pop league. Some fans dont know how lucky they are to simply be in the premiership.
    Sigh

Population of Blackburn: 105,085

Population of Wigan: 81,203

Population of Newcastle: 189,863

What do you expect then? Blackburn average over 25k a game with Newcastle averaging just over 50k in their premier league seasons. This season they are averaging just over 40k.

Your point has been torn apart, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    The commentator needn't say anything - the boo's were loud enough to hear, which is slightly contradicting after singing YWNA (which as I read off another forum - YWNA comes with disclaimers - LOL!)

Congratulations, I guess your lot were singing again tonight as that's what you do. Sing when you're winning! How about the v.amusing time when sky seemed to increased the volume of ywna because "chelsea, chelsea, chelsea" was heard rather than ywna?
    Sing when you're winning? Don't you recall the rendition of YNWA at half-time when we were 3-0 down to AC Milan ?

Sky seemed to increase the volume, when was this exactly? Why on earth would sky ever increase the volume of our fans when they are out to get us on any possible occasion?

(Original post by Who2004uk)
    Sigh

Population of Blackburn: 105,085

Population of Wigan: 81,203

Population of Newcastle: 189,863

What do you expect then? Blackburn average over 25k a game with Newcastle averaging just over 50k in their premier league seasons. This season they are averaging just over 40k.

Your point has been torn apart, thank you.
    Its even worse when you consider Gateshead, North Tyneside, South Tyneside and the whole of Northumberland and North County Durham are also in Newcastle's catchment area, while the North Western clubs have a much smaller area as they are so over-represented in the Prem.

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa:

THE most fickle fans in the Prem by far. Last season they pushed for fourth and were doing great. They then lost a couple of games and the fans started to turn on manager/club.

Chelsea:

Terrible fans, you know your fans are **** when your club has to give away free plastic flags to get an atmosphere going. Fair play to the scousers who rape them home and away.

Man Utd:

They only seem to sing about Scousers, Man City and ...Scousers. Plus United Road is an awful song.

Being a Leeds fan I sometimes wish we were back in the Prem. Our fans would show some of you lot what real support is!

ReputationRep:

Hahahahaha a Chelsea fan looking down at Liverpool fans.

Lad, we put you lot to shame every year. Especially in the CL, go get your plastic flags out lmao.

Yes Sky made our fans louder, ok sure. Then why did John Terry even admit to dreading playing at Anfield and he admitted to being intimidated (translation: He **** himself)

Please, your a small club with a rich owner, that's all.

''**** off, Chelsea FC
    You ain't got no history
    5 European Cups, and 18 leagues
    That's what we call History''
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Blackburn were given 5000 tickets for a Semi Final of the Carling Cup tonight against us and they only sold 1500 tickets.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.