Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Re: Upcoming interview for Uni of Manchester primary PGCE? watch

Hi, I've been called for an interview in Manchester on the 26th January and am bit freaked out by the 7 long hours involved. I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what to expect from the Maths/English/Science exams... I've been trying to brush up on algebra and other long-forgotten areas of Maths but I'm just wondering how difficult the exam actually is? Are there many algebra questions or is it more like if 'X is travelling at 100mph and Y etc etc'. Also, what are the Science Qs like? Should I be learning off the periodical table and whatnot or is it pretty basic!? Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

I've been invited on the 26th too!
    I picked up a couple of KS3 revision books from WHSmith, just to brush up on my Maths and Science as I've been out of education for a couple of years. They were only £4.50 each and are laid out in a nice simple format! It's good to look at something like that if only to reassure yourself that you can still do it.
    Good luck preparing, I'lll probably see you on Tuesday
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.