Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone [:

I have an interview at UCA Epsom for a fashion journalism degree in a couple weeks time, i don't think I've EVER been this nervous for an interview; and I've done a fair few.

I've had a lot of family issues which has left me with even less time to get this sorted. But was wandering if someone could check over my current portfolio line-up and see if it sounds about right?

10 a4 pages maximum:

Required Essay
    Poster i designed of a concert i organised
    College Media essay
    3 Relevant pieces from my fashion blog - Mixing Opinion/Reporting Articles

Two new pieces written just for the portfolio:

Page Biography evaluating an upcoming designer
    Page talking about ethical issues within fashion

ANY advice is appreciated [:

Thankyu

ReputationRep:
    That sounds pretty good, for my portfolio (I travelled down to UCA Epsom on the day of my interview to find it had been cancelled at short notice, bummer... so gave my portfolio in anyway at the campus & am having a phone interview with the course director tomorrow morning instead) I included:
    The required essay (loved doing that piece!)
    A blog entry I wrote for a Fashion Blogger of the Year competition
    Two mock front covers for Dazed&Confused and my own fictional magazine (AS Media Studies piece)
    A double-page spread article I wrote for said fictional magazine
    Two English Language pieces- an opinion article for something like Good Housekeeping & a Podcast script for a Radio show like Woman's Hour on Bridget Jones- they aren't fashion related but show that I can write for different audiences & different techniques etc.
    A Splash-Page for a Music Artist from my Media Studies course too.

Good luck, hope it goes well!
    Where else are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you tbh; nervous about the portfolio/interview, plus had family things going on to
    I'm getting soooooo nervous now as my interview's not next week but the week after!
    But seriously your portfolio seems really good, you'll be fine
    just make sure your voice gets heard because the interview's going to be a group one (Y)
    Good luck and I may see you there!!!!
    X

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.