Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys im currently at uni but i wanna go to a new one and do a new course, essentially starting over, in september, so i completed a new ucas application and sent it off. I was wondering how does leaving my uni and going to this new one affect my finance? has anyone done this before? i ask cos i realized that my old finance application used my old ucas application number but obv id have a new one now :P

cheers guys!

ReputationRep:
    1. Make sure you officially withdraw from your old uni (ask them what you need to do. Hint: it is usually a bit more than not turning up or just telling your tutor you are not coming in any more).

2. Once you have been withdrawn on SFE's system you are free to apply as a new student (either online or by using a paper PN1 form for 2010/11)

However, you probably should of arranged a transfer between universities instead of starting a new UCAS application as then you can apply as a continuing student.

I would speak to your university about this, as it can save a lot of hassle and paperwork. Particularly as SFE will probably ask for some money back after you haver been withdrawn on the system (some of the loan and grant is for the summer holiday period you see)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.