Turn on thread page Beta

Which do you consider more 'normal' ? watch

Hopefully the poll will attach.

Just curious, had a debate earlier with friends about cougars and sugar daddies!

Ok, poll didnt work :-/

Wanted to know which you consider more normal or appropriate for a relationship:

A) Older man- Younger woman
    B) Younger man- Older woman
    C) Roughly same age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, poll didnt work :-/

Wanted to know which you consider more normal or appropriate for a relationship:

A) Older man- Younger woman
    B) Younger man- Older woman
    C) Roughly same age
    I think any can be a normal and appropriate relationship if the people involved can make it work..

I'd say more often than not, same age/older male..

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is an appropriate. I think it depends what the 2 people feel about each other. Like I didn't care that one of my boyfriends was a year younger than me and I didn't care when me and a guy 10 years older than me wanted to get together. Age was not a concern to me because in all the relationships I have been at the same maturity level as the other person, so physical age has meant nothing.

ReputationRep:
    older man - younger woman

(Original post by !Borek)
    older man - younger woman
    No fair, I want to get the women that are my age and not have them picked up by older guys.
    Oh wait, this in turn means that I get to get younger women which is sweet! Problem solved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No fair, I want to get the women that are my age and not have them picked up by older guys.
    Oh wait, this in turn means that I get to get younger women which is sweet! Problem solved!
    I don't speak for all women though lol!

ReputationRep:
    All of the above are accepted so this isn't really a very good/insightful poll.

ReputationRep:
    None of the above.

ReputationRep:
    For reason same and older man seem okay. Older woman seems a little weird. I wouldnt be morally shocked if i saw that kind of relationship but i guess its not whats considered the norm... probably because biologically it makes little sense for a man to choose someone older and therefore less reproduction time lol

ReputationRep:
    From the point of view of evolutionary psychology and biology, older men, younger women makes more sense and it's usually more advantageous for both partners in other ways. But if it's not about procreation then as long as it's legal, it's ok.

ReputationRep:
    I think age gaps and things will only become more popular as less and less people choose to have children. Having a 'fertile' wife isn't really at the top of most men's priorities at this age, so maybe it gives us cougars a little more room to move lol. Yes, I'm aware I'm not a cougar at 23, but still, I have a toyboy lol.

ReputationRep:
    a..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.