Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you care that Cadbury was bought out by Kraft? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeskerChild)
    Im really annoyed its like nothing is english anymore, i mean most of britts seem to complain that nothing is english anymore and then have no back bone to defend our last orignal peice of england,

i only bothered as soon as they touched our CHOCOLATES!!!!
    Nothing but a horrible amount of oil/gas and mines, the seond largest retailer in the world, a massive drinks industry, second largest telecoms company...

Even a third of the worlds calatytic converters are made by a uk company.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    It won't affect the taste, so no.
    You've reassured me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    I hadn't noticed because you said GSK has a small GLOBAL market share. You made it gobal, not me
    Yes, as in, a small global market share, and thats it. If it has a small global market share, its not going to have a large market share in england is it? People don't think about pharmaceuticals in britain in the same way the french do about their cars. You're wrong okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    It is actually based in England. Much in the same way the highlands are Scottish and not British. I hate it when people try to claim English achievements as their own under a banner of "British" yet try to insist anything in Scotland is Scottish and not British. Double standards.
    LOLi remember the olympics if someone from northern ireland won they were "british" but if they lost they were "irish" but as an english person you never noticed did you :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Lord Mandelson said: "I'm glad now to be in personal touch but what I will be looking for are much harder, more specific commitments in the next three to six months.

"I was disappointed that she was unable to confirm that Cadbury's confectionery brands will continue to be managed and operated globally out of the UK.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8494662.stm

ReputationRep:
    Cool just as I thought

Win for the UK

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.