Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I realize this particular subforum may be a bit biased :p: , but which would you pick and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlowe92)
    I realize this particular subforum may be a bit biased :p: , but which would you pick and why?
    might I direct you to the following... post 5..

http://www.thesinner.net/mb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31985

I think this gives the best informed opinion you will get. Enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlowe92)
    St Andrews, but it's down to preference. I don't like London.

ReputationRep:
    My brother did Astrophysics at St Andrews and loved it up there, he spent 5 years there.

ReputationRep:
    If I had to choose between the two I would go with LSE, because A) In my opinion it has better reputation globally B) I can't afford the accommodation in St Andrews, 6 grand a year for a grimy en suite is not on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    If I had to choose between the two I would go with LSE, because A) In my opinion it has better reputation globally B) I can't afford the accommodation in St Andrews, 6 grand a year for a grimy en suite is not on.
    St Andrews is also cheaper than London, and thanks for the neg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    St Andrews is also cheaper than London
    Probably, but London is still London.

and thanks for the neg.
    I didn't neg you, I always leave my name and besides mine don't have any effect so I don't bother in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Probably, but London is still London.
    Agreed, however London doesn't have the sea beside it and unless you really love being in a city all day every day then London's definitely not he place for you. Not that I don't love city's, I just don't like London.

I didn't neg you, I always leave my name and besides mine don't have any effect so I don't bother in the first place.
    Well, whoever it was didn't have any rep power so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    might I direct you to the following... post 5..

http://www.thesinner.net/mb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31985

I think this gives the best informed opinion you will get. Enjoy
    Thank you, that was very helpful! St. Andrew's it is, then....

ReputationRep:
    The LSE course is without a doubt more well known, however the particular brand of philosophy at LSE may not suit you as it is primarily logic and the philosophy of science.

For me it came down this way the economics at lse is undoubtedly better (as is IR in your case) but the philosophy course is much more my taste at St Andrews... So i applied to both as they are both tough universities to get into.

BTW if you plan on doing a masters it really doesn't matter where you go for undergrad as long as it's russel group and then you can go to LSE for a masters. The LSE masters is just plain better that every other course for IR econ pol etc

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.