The Student Room Group

Awful night out

So...I just had a really bad night out. Went to a club that I usually really love, has a lot of 50s / alternative music, but I guess I just wasn't feeling it tonight. Had to spend loads of money to get even halfway drunk enough to enjoy it and just had a really bad time. But the worst thing was that I ended up coming home with really low self-esteem because of the people there.

What is it about clubs that makes people judge you so much? The whole night I felt like guys were sizing me up, trying to see if I was worth talking to, and then deciding I wasn't. I can't stand that, and I've just come home feeling worthless.

Is this specific to some universities or is it common to all? I think mine's seriously judgemental, and I find that quite depressing.

Scroll to see replies

Hold on right there!!

Fifties music + Alternative music + nightclub = WIN!!

But where is such a place?? please tell me :teeth:

Anyway, shame to hear you had a bum night at a class sounding nightclub. Hope it gets better for you the next time you go out with friends :smile:
Clubs are a total meat market wherever you go. apparently. I'm a pub girl meself and they're always full of old people. cheer up though; would you want to talk to somebody who wouldn't have talked to you if your nose was upside down? nope, i didn't think so :smile:
Reply 3
I go to clubs to dance and have fun. I doubt guys even bother sizing me up, but if they did, I wouldn't notice. :dontknow: Although I am admittedly unobservant.

Sometimes you just have bad nights; everything just feels like it went wrong. For me they're few and very far between though, so just forget about it and go have fun next time! :smile:
nosnibor

What is it about clubs that makes people judge you so much? The whole night I felt like guys were sizing me up, trying to see if I was worth talking to, and then deciding I wasn't. I can't stand that, and I've just come home feeling worthless.

Maybe they were just too shy to make the first move, or got the impression you weren't interested?
Reply 5
As you said it's just a bad night out. I'm a guy and I once almost got kissed by another guy whilst on the dance floor On the way out of the club there was a random woman who seemed to be in her late 40's possibly 50's and she tried to grab my hands and make me dance with her. It was the last time I ever went to that club. :ahee:
Reply 6
WarriorInAWig
Hold on right there!!

Fifties music + Alternative music + nightclub = WIN!!

But where is such a place?? please tell me :teeth:

Anyway, shame to hear you had a bum night at a class sounding nightclub. Hope it gets better for you the next time you go out with friends :smile:

Haha it's in Edinburgh, but you get clubs like that all over the place! I think that's why I got so bummed out though, I usually love that night!

IrrationalNumber
Maybe they were just too shy to make the first move, or got the impression you weren't interested?

Bahhh, maybe. I'm clearly worrying too much, I know I could analyse it to death!
EskimoJo
I go to clubs to dance and have fun. I doubt guysgirls even bother sizing me up, but if they did, I wouldn't notice. :dontknow: Although I am admittedly unobservant.

Sometimes you just have bad nights; everything just feels like it went wrong. For me they're few and very far between though, so just forget about it and go have fun next time! :smile:

This. :sigh:
Pre drinks?
Reply 9
Knocking One Out
Pre drinks?

Would have done but it's a seriously popular night, so had to get there really early and didn't have time!

Poor excuse though nontheless.

OK, it's late, I need to go to bed. Thank you lovely TSR people for cheering me up :smile:
oodalallyoodalally, i'm with you there. Pubs and/or house parties are so much more comfortable. Alot more fun. Not to say i havent enjoyed a top night out. I feel a certain pressure to pull when im doing clubs.
Reply 11
nosnibor
So...I just had a really bad night out. Went to a club that I usually really love, has a lot of 50s / alternative music, but I guess I just wasn't feeling it tonight. Had to spend loads of money to get even halfway drunk enough to enjoy it and just had a really bad time. But the worst thing was that I ended up coming home with really low self-esteem because of the people there.

Is this specific to some universities or is it common to all? I think mine's seriously judgemental, and I find that quite depressing.

hang on...

you went to a clubed you liked which means you knew how expensive it would be.

Did you not go with friends? If if you did why were you upset about guys judging you, and how did you notice, that's the true issue. They could have just been intimidated by as much as they could have not been attracted to you; or maybe if the club was more expensive than usual they weren't drunk enough.

Don't base your sense of self esteam by how many guys you pull.
Reply 12
Cheer up - some girls are violently gang raped after nights out, then left for dead.

Goodnight.
Fusion - how uplifting :wink:
Reply 14
nosnibor

Is this specific to some universities or is it common to all? I think mine's seriously judgmental, and I find that quite depressing.

It's alright OP, I get that sometimes when I go clubbing as well (in gay clubs obviously) and you come home genuinely feeling like you wasted your time.

But please, don't feel worthless! :s-smilie:

It's obvious you probably wanted to flirt with someone and get a bit of attention tonight (nothing wrong with that, most of us want it really!) but didn't succeed. You just have a self esteem issue and perhaps next time you need to be less critical of yourself and more proactive in the flirting department; the extra confidence will shine through and you'll probably get attention from some pretty fit guys. :wink:
Yeah, it's a hard knock life, but don't fret, TSR is here to help.
nosnibor
Would have done but it's a seriously popular night, so had to get there really early and didn't have time!

Poor excuse though nontheless.

OK, it's late, I need to go to bed. Thank you lovely TSR people for cheering me up :smile:

Very poor.

Pre-drinking is the way forward :cool:
Reply 17
Hate to break it to you, but guys go to clubs mainly to hook up.

So, like it or not, you're gonna be "sized up"
Reply 18
EskimoJo
I go to clubs to dance and have fun. I doubt guys even bother sizing me up, but if they did, I wouldn't notice. :dontknow: Although I am admittedly unobservant.

Why would they size you up? Judging by your profile pic, you're a right dog.
Reply 19
nosnibor

lmao shame....

Latest

Trending

Trending