Turn on thread page Beta

What's Eton's dress code (pics anyone?)? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm imagining morning coats, walking sticks cravats and toppers.
    A little birdie tells me I'm wrong...
    have any shots?

Either normal clothes, or something awful.

ReputationRep:
    Douche.

ReputationRep:
    something ridiculous:

ReputationRep:
    are there no Etonians in TSR?

ReputationRep:
    You know going on google and typing in 'Eton Uniform' is a lot easier to do than creating a whole thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    You know going on google and typing in 'Eton Uniform' is a lot easier to do than creating a whole thread...

I concur

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    it depends. the first picture, the one of the boys with the extra black gown are for king scholars (scholarships). the second is the rowing dress (yeah it's a stupid hat). the third and fourth pictures are pretty much the main uniform. there are variations in the dress if you are a school prefect (some get spongebag trousers, or are allowed to wear their own waistcoat). the last button on any waistcoat is never done up.

not sure why you care but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Think Harrinder Puthar and the Pakora Scone. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    No matter how amazing it is, no education is worth that........

(Original post by sumodat)
    the last button on any waistcoat is never done up.
    Wow, i didnt know that etonians were THAT wild and far out!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I wish that had been my uniform during secondary school rather than the gay bottle green blazer we had to wear.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed HOWEVER if OP did that then we wouldn't get a giggle with people posting pictures of Borat and boys in hats :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    No matter how amazing it is, no education is worth that........

Wow, i didnt know that etonians were THAT wild and far out!
    not sure you understand - it's the actual dress code that states the button is never done up.... not some rebellious action, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumodat)
    it depends. the first picture, the one of the boys with the extra black gown are for king scholars (scholarships). the second is the rowing dress (yeah it's a stupid hat). the third and fourth pictures are pretty much the main uniform. there are variations in the dress if you are a school prefect (some get spongebag trousers, or are allowed to wear their own waistcoat). the last button on any waistcoat is never done up.

not sure why you care but yeah.
    You have to wear a gown that identifies you as a scholarship student? Are they ASKING for people to be beaten down?

ReputationRep:
    Ponces

Are they seriously wearing capes in that first pic?

ReputationRep:
    they have a really nice uniform afaik and you can where whatever in your spare time.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.