Turn on thread page Beta

What's Eton's dress code (pics anyone?)? watch

ReputationRep:
    God the uniform looks amazing! Very classy and powerful - you can see immediately that this is the elite of the country, I wish I had parents earning enough to send me there :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    You have to wear a gown that identifies you as a scholarship student? Are they ASKING for people to be beaten down?
    You have noooooooo idea (two of my mates went as scholarship, two didn't). Scholars live in their own accommodation!

I'm SOOOOOOO glad I didn't go there. They suck at rugby too!

ReputationRep:
    oooooh i liiike i liiiike a lot :P:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aljabiraa)
    Notice how no-one in those pictures are from an ethnic minority, and all are from 'british' families? Just shows how unequal private schools are!
    Mate you didn't look very hard... I saw at least 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueLips)
    Glad I'm not the only one thinking about this :yes:
    I agree - guys dressing smart is niice :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XDaydreamer)
    Am I the only one who think that uniform looks quite fun? I would love to walk fast down the corridors swishing my black cape and pretending to be Snape
    This. +Rep for you my cape swishing friend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    Gotta say that looks pretty sexy in a strange way.
    I concur, though I know I shouldn't.

(Original post by TheMeister)
    Weird, weird girl.
    She's just saying what the rest of us are thinking :yes:

(Original post by 15_step)
    Why is everyone dicking on their uniform? Looks pretty smart to me, much rather wear that than the crap jumper, shirt, no tie combo you get at comprehensives that always looks rubbish.
    coz there jealous :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    You have noooooooo idea (two of my mates went as scholarship, two didn't). Scholars live in their own accommodation!

I'm SOOOOOOO glad I didn't go there. They suck at rugby too!
    everyone gets their own accommodation lol. KS's are just in their own house altogether.

(Original post by aljabiraa)
    Notice how no-one in those pictures are from an ethnic minority, and all are from 'british' families? Just shows how unequal private schools are!
    are you joking? all public schools have always been very international - especially eton, harrow and winchester. the asian community is huge, largely rich chinese and indians. there are also many africans too.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what's up with the regular uniform, looks a heck of a lot better than my old school blazer and trousers tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    lol yes I can't imagine many other schools wear that hideous monstrosity :p:
    I went there too - at least it changes for sixth form :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irobot)
    I went there too - at least it changes for sixth form :p:
    yeah I don't mind the black now that I'm in sixth form. Funnily enough they were gonna change the green but they supposedly found everyone was 'happy' with it as it is yeah right!

ReputationRep:
    I W A N T A C A P E

ReputationRep:
    Do want. D: I've never had a uniform. Crummy Norway and its uniform-less schools.

To everyone saying that those uniforms are hot: agreed. Formal wear is win. Capes are more win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumodat)
    everyone gets their own accommodation lol. KS's are just in their own house altogether.

are you joking? all public schools have always been very international - especially eton, harrow and winchester. the asian community is huge, largely rich chinese and indians. there are also many africans too.
    He's an idiot. Almost all the top public schools are filled with the rich Indians, Jews and Chinese.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.