Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Friend is toooo desperate with new people watch

Announcements

Basic story:
    I live in halls and there is this mental attention seeking girl that Im sort of friends with but has backstabbed me a lot in the past, but to avoid conflict I don't really bring it up and let it slide. We all hang out with other people in our corridor in halls but I have another group of friends outside our corridor who are really good mates of mine and she keeps trying to elbow her way in. One of my friends came round and she hogged her all night and then tries to cut me out and speaks over me. She mentioned meeting up to this girl like 700 times and it just gets frustrating-I don't want her mixing with my other friends-I love hanging out with them BECAUSE she's not there.

What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basic story:
    I live in halls and there is this mental attention seeking girl that Im sort of friends with but has backstabbed me a lot in the past, but to avoid conflict I don't really bring it up and let it slide. We all hang out with other people in our corridor in halls but I have another group of friends outside our corridor who are really good mates of mine and she keeps trying to elbow her way in. One of my friends came round and she hogged her all night and then tries to cut me out and speaks over me. She mentioned meeting up to this girl like 700 times and it just gets frustrating-I don't want her mixing with my other friends-I love hanging out with them BECAUSE she's not there.

What do i do?
    Why dont you want her there? Because of the way she trys to but in all the time?
    Shes obviously a little sensitive to you getting new friends and is the jealous type?
    Are you her only close friend at Uni

ReputationRep:
    Don't you feel sorry for her? Maybe you're seeing her, wrongfully, as a threat.

ReputationRep:
    Basic story:

What do i do?
    Bang her, then report back here

ReputationRep:
    Cut her lips off, both sets of them.

ReputationRep:
    Basic story:

What do i do?
    This is easy. If you are not her only close friend, tell her to go somewhere else. If you are, then you should be able to exert control over her since you ARE her only mate.

ReputationRep:
    omfd, i have a friend who is exactly like this, with new people esp like an attention whore.. but the thing is people appear to like him when they first meet him, but soo realise what a **** he is... all of the people in my circle of friends have realised it only after being backstabbed, or him cheating with other peoples gfs... hes calmed down now as everyone has said stuff to him and been kinda lleft out of going out places... but still he will never change, my advice...cut her out of your life as much as possible... but with people like this they are clingy and will never get the message

ReputationRep:
    Basic story:

What do i do?
    Stop being a *****. You're a girl, right? You're just jealous cos she's hotter than you. Get over it and let her in your friend group.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.